Health clubs have sprouted everywhere to offer alternatives to the traditional gym set-up. Health clubs provide not just exercise equipments but health and fitness programs as well. In this regard, the manifest functions of a health club include:
– providing an exercise venue;
– providing a comprehensive health and fitness program;
– promoting general well being through exercise and fitness routines.
As the name implies, a health club’s most evident function is keeping its members healthy and the club does it through the most natural means of keeping fit; that is, by exercising and following a healthy lifestyle. Health clubs do not offer artificial means of trimming down and toning the body. If a fat person wants to lower his weight, he has to train his body instead of drinking diet pills. Aside from the exercise equipment, a health club has sports facilities and exercise classes to help its members achieve a balanced and monitored fitness program.
Meanwhile, a health club also has latent functions that are not readily evident to people. These include:
– providing a venue for a family to spend bonding time;
– a potential ground for networking;
– promoting good health and healthy living not just among its members but the country as a whole; and
– helping the people and the government save on health care costs;
A health club is a good place for a family to go. Becoming fit together is a good way for family to spend time together. A health club also provides people with new acquaintances that they can possibly have business with in the future. By promoting healthy living, a health club keeps the people from getting sick. This means a lot of savings on hospitalization and health care costs.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 24 December 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Health Club
for only $16.38 $12.9/page