Paper type: Essay Pages: 2 (353 words)
1. What is positive parenting?
2. What is discipline? How does it differ from punishment?
3. What is active listening? Why is it used by parents?
4. What is guidance? Provide an example of a parent providing guidance to a child?
5. Where can families and parents find support and resources? Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why are consequences an important part of positive parenting? 2. Why is it important that parents establish a positive relationship and positive communication with babies and young children? 3. Imagine that you are a parent and your toddler begins speaking in “baby talk” frequently.
Using what you’ve learned in the module, what are some ways that you might approach this situation? 4. Imagine that you are a parent and your school-aged daughter was caught shoplifting a bracelet from a store. Using what you’ve learned in the module, what are some of the ways that you might approach this situation? Review Answers
1. Positive parenting is the raising of a child in a positive way.
Making clear guidelines, good communication, and teaching good behavior. 2. Discipline is teaching your child by showing them what they did wrong and how t fix what they did so they don’t do it a next time. It is not punishing for what they and not saying what they did wrong. 3. Active listening is when parents constantly gives feedback about what the child does and this helps the child learn from what they do and how to improve on it. 4. Guidance is when you assist and help your child with a task they are handed. For example, explaining the proper way to do something. 5. Parents and families can get support from Head Start, Medicaid, The United States government, and The U.S. Children’s Bureau Critical Thinking Answers
1. If children do not have consequences, there’s a possibility that they will not learn right from wrong. 2. The child needs to learn to listen to the parents and respect them. 3. When the baby begins to speak in “baby talk” you can choose to ignore it and that would be the best choice.
Cite this page
Parenting Skills. (2016, Sep 26). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/parenting-skills-5-essay