1.Identify and explain the Pyramid of Corporate Social Responsibility. Provide several examples of each ‘layer’ of the pyramid. Identify and discuss some of the tensions among the layers or components. PELE
2. In your review, what is the single strongest argument against the idea of corporate social responsibility? What is the single strongest argument for corporate social responsibility? Briefly explain
3. Differentiate between corporate social responsibility and corporate social responsiveness. Give an example of each. How does corporate social performance relate to these terms? Where does corporate citizenship fit in?
4. Analyse how the triple bottom-line and the Pyramid of CSR are similar and different. Draw a schematic that shows how the two concepts relate to one another.
Chapter 3 & 4
1. Explain the concepts of stake and stakeholder from your perspective as an individual. What kinds of stakes and stakeholders do you have? Discuss.
2. Explain in your own words the differences between the production, managerial and stakeholder views of the firm.
3. Differentiate between primary and secondary social and nonsocial stakeholders in a business situation.
Give examples of each.
4. How is effective stakeholder management related to sustainability and sustainable development on the part of the companies?
5. How can a firm transition from Level 1 to Level 3 of stakeholder management capability (SMC)? Is the stakeholder corporation a realistic model for business firms? Will stakeholder corporations become more prevalent in the 21st century? Why or why not?
6. Explain the evolution of corporate governance. What problems developed? What are the current trends?
7. What are the major criticisms of boards of directors? Which single criticism do you find to be the most important? Why?
8. Explain how governance failures such as Enron could happen. How might they be avoided?
9. Outline the major suggestions that have been set forth for improving corporate governance. In your opinion, which suggestions are the most important? Why?
10. In what ways have companies taken the initiative in becoming more responsive to owners/stakeholders? Where would you like to see more improvement? Discuss.
1. Explain the relationship between corporate public policy and strategic management.
2. Which of the four strategy levels is most concerned with social, ethical, or public issues? Discuss the characteristics of this level.
3. Identify the steps involved in the strategic management process.
4. What is the difference between a social audit and a social performance report? Why are social performance reports increasing in popularity?
5. What is the difference between public relations and public affairs? Why has there been confusion regarding these two concepts?
6. Why do you think global public affairs is a major growth area? Give specific reasons for your answer.
7. Differentiate between a collaborative or problem-solving strategy and an individualistic or adversarial strategy. Which seems to be more effective in corporate public affairs?
8. What are the major ways in which public affairs might be incorporated into every manager’s job? Rank them in terms of what you think their impact might be.
1. Which of the major stages in the issues management process do you think is the most important? Why?
2. Following the approach indicated in Figure 6-1, identify a new issue category not listed in Figure 6-1. Identify several examples of “crises” that have occurred in recent years under each issue category.
3. Identify one example, other than those listed in Figure 6-4, of each of the leading force categories: events, authorities/advocates, literature, organizations, and political jurisdictions.
4. Identify a crisis that has occurred in your life or in the life of someone you know, and briefly explain it in terms of the four crisis stages: prodromal, acute, chronic, and resolution.
5. Do research on the impacts on business organizations of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the scandals of the early to mid-2000s. What have been successful and unsuccessful examples of crisis management that have come out of this research? Is terrorism a likely crisis for which business may prepare? How does preparation for terrorism (which comes from without) compare with preparation for ethical scandals (which come from within)?
1. Give a definition of ethical business behavior, explain the components involved in making ethical decisions, and give an example from your personal experience of the difficulties involved in making these determinations.
2. To demonstrate that you understand the three models of management ethics-moral, immoral, and amoral-give an example, from your personal experience, of each type. Do you agree that amorality is a serious problem? Explain.
3. Give examples, from your personal experience, of Kohlberg’s Levels 1, 2, and 3.If you do not think Chapter 7 Business Ethics Fundamentals 221 you have ever gotten to Level 3, give an example of what it might be like.
4. Compare your motivations to behave ethically with those listed in Figure 7-14. Do the reasons given in that figure agree with your personal assessment? Discuss the similarities and differences between Figure 7-14 and your personal assessment.
5. From your personal experience, give an example of a situation you have faced that would require one of the six elements of moral judgment.
1. What is sustainability?
2. What are several of the most important environmental issues now receiving worldwide attention?
3. What are some of the causes of environmental pollution and depletion?
4. What is the future outlook for the natural environment?
5. Who has responsibility for addressing environmental issues?
6. How can ethics be applied in response to environmental issues?
7. What are some examples of sustainable business and decision models for addressing environ_ mental concerns?
8. Should businesses and societies continue to focus on unlimited economic growth?
1. Outline the essential steps involved in developing a community action program.
Cite this page
Major factors in the social environment. (2016, May 08). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/major-factors-in-the-social-environment-essay