The Concept of First Aid And Safety Education Essay
The Concept of First Aid And Safety Education
First Aid – is the immediate, temporary care given to a patient or victim of an accident before the services of a physician could be obtained. It is applied to prevent further injury, reduce pain experienced by the patient, and shock from the injury. Safety Education – is the recognition and avoidance of hazards causing disability or death in modern living. Accident – is defined as unplanned or unexpected event of events in a sequence of events that results in property damage, injury, or death. The Hierarchy of the Seven Bases of Inspection in Case of Accident
1. Profuse bleeding
2. Stoppage of breathing
3. Internal poisoning
4. Shock after an injury
7. Dislocation, sprains, and strains
Characteristics of a Good First Aider
1. Observant – should notice all signs
2. Resourceful – makes use of things at hand
3. Gentle – should not cause pain
4. Tactful – should not alarm the victim
5. Sympathetic – should be comforting
6. Cheerful – inspires and develops confidence
The General Directions in Giving First Aid (Standard Procedure) 1. Don’t move the victim from the position you find him/her in, unless the situation is too dangerous that may cause further serious injury. 2. Check breathing. In case of stoppage or difficulty in breathing – a) Clear the mouth and throat from lodged food or anything causing obstruction. b) Apply artificial respiration if necessary.3. Check the pulse. If there is no heartbeat, apply CPR. 4. Check bleeding. 5. If the patient is unconscious but breathing normally – a) Turn the patient to his/her side with the head lower than the body if there is back or neck wound. b) Clear the mouth and throat from obstruction.
c) Don’t give anything to drink.
6. Cover wounds with clean cloth, bandage, or dressing.
7. Put a splint on the fractured or dislocated bone.
8. Call for a doctor or take to the nearest hospital, if the patient’s life is in danger.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 15 November 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on The Concept of First Aid And Safety Education
for only $16.38 $12.9/page