Responsibilities of a team leader Essay
Responsibilities of a team leader
Four responsibilities of a team leader in our organization:
1. Food alert files (Health and Safety, Food and Safety). First of all, to make sure that all work environment is safe for employees and customers. Second, to check if all departments are providing good Food alert standards set by government at work place. As well, to make sure that all legally required documents would be up to date. 2. Communication. All team leaders constantly need to be in good communicational skills, if you want to run successful business. Everyday you have to communicate with Head office as well as other restaurants, to know what’s happening in all company, using phones or e-mails. And don’t forget to pass important news for team members. Inside the house, usually, Managers team is communicating though the LogBook, and with team members during briefing times before sifts.
3. Motivation is the driving force, which help courses us to achieve goals. Leaders using motivation will satisfy individual needs and team will have inspiration to complete the tasks. It’s very important point in running business. Depending on how motivated teams are, it may further determine the effort they put into their work and therefore increase the standard of the output. 4. Presenting good example and standards or the company.
Team Leader always needs to be as example how to act at work, and that other team members would be able to take some experience. If everyone will represent good company standards and will look after the customers well, they will not only think well of the team but also of the company in general.
Two examples of the problems you would need to refer to someone with more authority:
1. Racism. It is illegal to discriminate against anyone of the grounds of their race. If it would happen in work place, management team needs to investigate. Just GM or Head office member has authority to take action on such a complaint. 2. Reconstruction. Every business has yearly budgets, if someone wants to reconstruct the building outside or inside it has to be approved by GM.
Feedback on own performance
Collected feedback to identify one of my strengths as a team leader and one area for improvement:
• Strength – Organized team supporter. Always supporting team and showing organizational skills.
• Area for improvement: rudeness, toughness. Sometimes, choosing wrong way of speaking + plus very demanding on the things to be done.
One thing to describe what you can do to establish and maintain trust within the team you lead:
Respect for others. One of the most important points to work on. If it will be trust and understanding in the team, there will be respect and good atmosphere for work, witch will course business to run smooth. To maintain trust you have to work on couple of following points: • Time- set aside time to be with these people, work with them, talk with them and even play with them. In the end you will gradually start to realize that there personality or point of view aren’t that hard to get along with after all.
• Patience – The truth is that the best people, the smartest people and the most successful people take a good long look at other people and express empathy and selflessness towards the people they associate with. • Listening- always to have time to listen for the others, to step aside and to take a look at their opinion. Maybe some examples can be even better then yours. • Laughing- it’s one of the important points, to build the team, not just to be a working robots. With the laugh in the teamwork will run perfectly, plus good relaxed atmosphere. • Honesty- if you will be honest with them, they will be the same with you.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 11 October 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Responsibilities of a team leader
for only $16.38 $13.9/page