24/7 writing help on your phone
Save to my list
Remove from my list
Unit 204 – Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
The numbers in the bracket after each question relate to the assessment criteria in the standards UNIT 4222-205
1. Define the following types of abuse: (1.1.1)
see more:reports into serious failures to protect individuals from abuse
• Sexual abuse
Sexual abuse is the forcing of undesired sexual behaviour by one person upon another • Emotional/psychological abuse
Emotional/psychological abuse may involve threats or actions to cause mental or physical harm; humiliation; voilation
• Financial abuse
Financial abuse is the illegal or unauthorised use of a person’s money, property, pension book or other valuables.
• Institutional abuse
Institutional abuse involves failure of an organisation to provide appropriate and professional individual services to vulnerable people. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour that amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, stereotyping and rigid systems.
• Self neglect
Self-neglect is a behavioural condition in which an individual neglects to attend to their basic needs, such as personal hygiene, feeding, clothing, or medical conditions they might have.
• Neglect by others
Neglect is a passive form of abuse in which the wrongdoer is responsible to provide care, for someone, who is unable to care for oneself, but fails to provide adequate care to meet their needs. Neglect may include failing to provide sufficient supervision, nourishment, medical care or other needs.
2. Identify the signs and/or symptoms associated with each type of abuse (1.1.2)
3. Describe factors that may contribute to an individual being more vulnerable to abuse (1.
4. Explain the actions to take if there are suspicions that an individual is being abused (2.2.1)
5. Explain the actions to take if an individual alleges that they are being abused (2.2.2)
6. Identify ways to ensure that evidence of abuse is preserved (2.2.3)
7. Identify national policies and local systems that relate to safeguarding and protection from abuse (3.3.1)
8. Explain the roles of different agencies in safeguarding and protecting individuals from abuse (3.3.2)
9. Identify reports into serious failures to protect individuals from abuse (3.3.3)
10. Identify sources of information and advice about own role in safeguarding and protecting individuals from abuse (3.3.4)
11. Explain how the likelihood of abuse may be reduced by: (4.4.1)
a. person-centred values
b. active participation
c. promoting choice and rights
12. Explain the importance of an accessible complaints procedure for reducing the likelihood of abuse (4.4.2)
13. Describe unsafe practices that may affect the wellbeing of individuals (5.5.1)
14. Explain the actions to take if unsafe practices have been identified
15. Describe the action to take if suspected abuse or unsafe practices have been reported but nothing has been done in response (5.5.3)
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.get help with your assignment