Women Impowerment Speach
Women Impowerment Speach
1.I believe in myself, I am a strong woman. I will reach my goals, nothing and nobody will hold me down again, This is my time to shine, To leave everybody else behind.
A very good after noon everybody..
Its my pleasure to speak on the topic women empowerment on the eve of women’s day.
2. Women Empowerment refers to providing women with equal opportunities in all fields. It is presently, need of the hour.
3. In the very beginning of civilization, women enjoyed a respectable position in society with men. They actively participated in social, religious affairs. * Gradually, they became dependent on men for food, protection for their other necessities due to lack in physical ability in women. * Later, woman became the perfect example of procreation. This inspired men to have feeling of respect and regard which was reflected in their worship of women as goddesses and are still worshipped as goddesses Durga, Kali, Lakshami, Saraswati etc * During the course of social development, the position of women also changed. Gradually, it gave rise to male chauvinist (shauvunist) society. They made the rules of life and women were given a subordinate position. It is said that
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
4. The need for women’s empowerment arises after disappearance of power n respct of women in the society. The empowerment of women will bring changes in their socio-economic condition of country.
5. Though there was strict dominance by males in society, women of calibre has managed to grow, who could match or even do greater than the men can. They made great progress in various fields of life and gained significant achievements as teachers, doctors, engineers, scientists, explorers, soldiers and pilots.
6. From many years the Government have been trying to focus on women empowerment. The architect of Indian Constitution was of the opinion that unless and until women are empowered, nothing was going to bring about any change in their destiny.
According to Jawaharlal Nehru “You can tell the condition of the nation by looking at the status of women.”
* Women now has Got many Rights more than that being given to men to ensure safe life and fast growth. Many steps have been taken to stop violence against women. * The payment of a dowry was prohibited in 1961 under Indian civil law which improved the position of women in society. * Great efforts have been made by different tv shows to bring change in life of women. The examples are Balika vadhu, Satya mav jayte – Remember the song- Mujhe kya bechega rupaiya. * Women have been empowered socially and given many high authorities in country. We can see live example of Mrs Sonia Gandhi, Mz Mamta Banerji, Mrs Pratibha Patel who are playing big role in country.
* There has been Tremendous growth of women in the field of Entrepreneurship, Business, Service sector which is adding a lot in economic growth of country. Indra Nooyi is a great example of entrepreneur, who is the current chairman and CFO of PepsiCo. * Many Laws have been passed for stimulating education of women. Evening classes are held for education house wives. literacy rate in country in 2012 is 68%. Which was 9% in 1961. Ms Tessy Thomas as missile scientist of India shows the growth in educational field. * A quota has been reserved for women in many fields like Defence, Government jobs, Police etc.
And successful officers Like Kiran Bedi are doing great in this field. * Likewise Women like the Late Indra Gandhi, the late Vijay laskhmi Pandit, Mother Teresa, Mz Kiran Bedi, Ms Lata Mangeshkar, and The late Kalpna Chawla who have scripted stories of their success in history. * Then how can we neglect the importance of women who, as a mother brought up and develop a worthy child turning into great persons like Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Bhagat Singh ji, Dr A.P.J. Abdul kalam, etc. Its well said in Gurbani by Guru Nanak Dev ji- SO Kyo manda AAkhiye, Jitt Jamme Raajaan.. * With illegal female foeticide on the rise, many steps have been taken by authorities to check the growing imbalance in the society.
8. Now the question is, has the overall progress of women been achieved at desired level in the country? I am very sad to say it really not has.
9. Even though some sections of women has grown very well, The vast majority of them in rural areas have remained untouched.
10. We proudly portray our nation as “Bharat Mata” and But we have forgot how to respect Mothers, and Sisters in society.
11. Empowerment of women needs to begin with her participation in different spheres of life. Education is a great determinant in this regard.
Rest You have to do it.. Yes You, common people, the men.
Tomorrow you may get a working woman, and you should marry her with these facts as well. She’ll be a girl, who is as much educated as you are;
Who is earning almost as much as you do;
One, who has dreams and aspirations just as you have because she is as human as you are; One, who has never entered the kitchen in her life just like you or your Sister haven’t, as she was busy in studies and competing in a system that gives no special concession to girls for their culinary achievements One, who has lived and loved her family, almost as much as you do for 20-25 years of her life; One, who has bravely agreed to leave behind everything, her home, people who love her, to adopt your home, your family, your ways and even your family’s name. All you need to do is just help her, trust her and adjust;
One, who just wants few things from you, as you are the only one she knows in your entire house – your support, your sensitivities and most importantly – your understanding, or love, if you may call it. But not many guys understand this..
Please appreciate “HER”
I hope you will do…
At the end
I would like to salute all
Daughters. Mothers. Sisters.
friends like siblings.
The women in your life.
Who love, lose, cry.
Laugh, heal, and thrive.
On the eve of women’s day let’s pledge that
We won’t hold the attitude “who is going to let us”,
Instead, “who is going to stop us?”
Subject: Guru Nanak Dev,
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 31 March 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Women Impowerment Speach
for only $16.38 $12.9/page