Explain How a Working Relationship is Different From a Personal Relationship Essay
Explain How a Working Relationship is Different From a Personal Relationship
Outline What is Meant by Agreed Ways of working relationship
Outcome 1 understand working relationships in social care settings
1.1 explain how a working relationship is different from a personal relationship
There are many different personal relationships that we have within our lives and we act differently to each of those it may be from a family relationship or a work friendship. It is the same with our working relationship with the individuals that we meet, some over step boundaries and turn into friendships. In a working relationship you are in a relationship with someone because it is your job, where as a family or friend relationship is built upon a different reason. In our job we may also have relations between other professionals or work colleagues which is necessary as it is part of the job and in the interests to the people we care for.
1.2 describe different working relationships in social care setting
In the role of the health and social care worker are many different working relationships.
What are the four main working relationships:
- other professionals such as doctors or paramedics
- individuals we care for Individual’s family and friends.
For each you develop a different type of working relationship and some will be more formal than others. You may not greet a visiting doctor the same way you may address a close friend, we must ensure that we maintain a professional manner at all times.
Outcome 2 Understand the importance of working in ways that are agreed with the employer
2.1 Describe why it is important to adhere to the agreed scope of the job It is important to stick to the scope of the job
As this is what has been outlined for you to do and is the best form of working for yourself and others around you.
The scope gives you information on what will be expected from you and your roles and responsibilities if you do not adhere to these then accidents may happen and further action can also be taken. Usually when an employer advertises a job the description will be there of what is expected:
- The responsibilities of the role
- Location of work
- Who supervises and who you may need to go to
- Any staff you may be responsible for
It is also giving you the safest way you will be working which will not put anyone at harm or danger.
2.2 outline what is meant by agreed ways of working
Our employer identifies what we are to do in our job description but sets out how it is done in the policies and procedures that you are given before starting work. Most companies have these policies in place: Equal opportunities – this sets out how the organisation ensures there is no discrimination in the
Most companies have these policies in place:
- Equal opportunities – this sets out how the organisation ensures there is no discrimination in the work place
- Bullying and harassment – sets out how it is dealt with for the staff being bullied or bullying others
- Confidentiality – the steps that are taken when people’s information is not kept confidential and on a need to know basis
- Data protection – how information is handled and stored
- Supervision 0 how staff are given professional support and supervision Procedures also outline how to deal with disciplinary issues, allegations of abuse, managing risk, deal with grievance or death, respond to emergencies that we have in which supports us on how we work effectively and correctly which allows us to give the best level of care we can give to individuals.
2.3 explain the importance of full and up to date details of agreed ways of working
Sometimes we may have changes within the policies or in the law which will always need to be changed immediately so we adhere to the correct ways of working.
If we do not change or follow the new changes then further action can be taken or even be breaking the law, this can put yourself, residents, colleagues and also the home at risk.
Outcome 3 Understand the importance of working in partnership with others
3.1 explain why it is important to work in partnership with others
Being able to do our job effectively we work with many different people that come together to deliver the best quality service we can provide, these partnerships matter in delivering good quality social care.
This is because there are so many aspects involved in delivering a good quality of service that no one person or organisation can deliver alone.
3.2 explain ways of working that can help improve partnership working
There are many steps we can take to ensure that any partnership is able to work effectively
- Communication – this is one of the most essential steps we take, in failing with effective communication can cause friction and instant dislike which may create an unhealthy relationship. We need to ensure we keep good communication so we pass on vital information which may contribute towards the care towards the individuals’. * Respect and value work of others – when others or you do not feel appreciated for the work they do it can make others down and
- Respect and value work of others – when others or you do not feel appreciated for the work they do it can make others down and fed up which may affect the way they work. Just by valuing and appreciating the things people do for others will make the work place a lot more happier and keep relationships from turning negative, each person brings different knowledge and skills which are helpful and useful for the smooth running of delivering a good level of care. * Making clear decisions – all involved should feel confident enough that the decisions being made within the team are following the agreed process. There should be
- Making clear decisions – all involved should feel confident enough that the decisions being made within the team are following the agreed process. There should be concern if not all involved feel some decisions are being taken outside the team and that not everyone is being involved. If there is an agreed procedure for making decisions it is usually best to use it to keep peace and relations positive.
3.3 identify skills and approaches needed for resolving conflicts
A conflict can sometimes be quite aggressive in order to resolve these we must use a different range of skills and approaches to help maintain it from escalating. We can use good listening skills, communication skills, holdinginformation, also being diplomatic and analysing the situation.
Our approach needs to be tactful and calm also good body language showing we are open and ready to help resolve the issue.
3.4 explain how and when to access support and advice about: Partnership working
- Angipie. “Develop Work Relationships.” WikiHow, 6 Dec. 2016, www.wikihow.com/Develop-Work-Relationships.
- GSA and the Courts: a Working Relationship. Washington, D.C., The Administration, 1991.
“Personal Relationships.” Personal Relationships, vol. 23, no. 1, 2016, doi:10.1111/pere.2016.23.issue-1.
- Stelck, Lisa, and Cheryl Newman. The Working Relationship: Management Strategies for Contemporary Couples. New York, Villard Books, 1986.
- “Workplace Relationships.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workplace_relationships.
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 23 March 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Explain How a Working Relationship is Different From a Personal Relationship
for only $16.38 $13.9/page