1. How does Lois Quam use emotions and moods in her speeches to covey her viewpoint? Cite examples to support your statements.
What is emotion and mood? Emotions are a strong set of positive or negative feelings directed towards someone or something. Moods depict positive or negative feelings; moreover, a state of mind. In Lois’s quest for green economy it is quite clear that she is a buoyed, by a positive approach as well as a passionate compulsion of finding solutions to the issues of green economy.
This is inferred several times in her dialogue with her audience. The idea that she left her well buttressed, cushy job at a leading investment firm to assumed the leadership of a newly formed company that deals with global problems of green economy indicates she is not only passionate, but she is driven by positive responses and emotional influences. This can be inferred when she openly states “I am an optimist about our future … which is why I stated Tysvar, the challenges we face from climate change are immense, but so are our capabilities and the rewards and benefits to humanity are even greater in the new green economy”
2. Based on what you have learned about Lois Quam, create hypotheses about the attitudes of her colleagues at Tysvar while using the three basic components of attitudes in your theories. Visionary, professional, informational these three components comprise attitude. Obviously to be a part of Ms. Quam’s team one must be a visionary, as indicated in her bio, Lois left Piper Jaffray to become the founder and CEO of Tysvar LLC in short she took a chance with her vison of stainable new green economy and diversified health care reform and made it all the way to becoming appointed by President Barrak Obama as the executive director with emphasis on women, children, and new born for the entire country. Therefore, the attitudes of her college must be considered with her drive passion and attitude.
Professionally being a CEO of a company she founded Lois; ensured that strict professional attitude was maintained in her Minnesota based company. This is evident when she gave a speech at the University of St. Thomas; on emerging opportunities within the NGE she said then “I enjoyed sharing how we all can use these key capabilities as platform for doing something you love. Imagine helping to build the NGE with a purposeful passion. It doesn’t it get much better than that.” Conversely one can derive that information is also a key component to attitudinal change and development with in a company that was diverse and being fast track into becoming a s successful fortune five hundred company.
3. Take a moment to research the Global Health Initiative. Why do you believe Lois Quam was chosen to lead this program? Louis Quam was named in 2006 by fortune magazine, one of America 50 most powerful women. Her portfolio indicated that she worked as the head of strategic investment, green economy and health at Pipper Jaffrey a leading international investment bank, including stints as president and CEO of the public, and senior market segment. As well as serving on the Minnesota health care commission taking on industry giants, and bringing insurance to tens of thousands of Minnesotan’s. If that is not an impeccable curriculum vitae then what is? Having come from Norwegian immigrants Lois story must be told and in so doing her vison, her perceptiveness, and passion can be combined to equalize her being chosen to lead this program.
4. Research question: Search news reports, Web sites, and blogs to find out more information on Tysvar. How is the company faring in its quest to make the world cleaner and safer for future generations? What implications might that have on Tysvar’s employees, their attitudes, and job satisfaction?
Despite many challenges and unforeseen deterrence’s Tyvsar continues to be a formidable driving force in NGE. Ms. Quan’s vision continues to be the leading force; as well as, a collective positive influence from her entire team of employees and management making Tysvar a global new green economy force to reckoned with.
The company has adapted new measures and is now attached to the Norwegian global initiative. There have been expansion within the global new green economy since Ms,Quam’s recognition by President Obama. The operation at NGE continues to flourish.
The company is using AquaFence, a Norwegian manufacturer of transportable flood protection barriers. Quam also announced she will be installing a new CEO of Tysvar early next year. Which brings us back home to our company, Tysvar, and our three areas of focus?
• Scaling the New Green Economy.
• Staffing the NGE with the best and brightest people anywhere. • Contributing to a successful and on-going Norwegian-American NGE collaborative.
Cite this page
Case Study Lois Quam. (2016, May 30). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/case-study-lois-quam-essay