Aviation means any activity created by human with may be with respect to manufacture, development and design. There may be civil aviation, naval and Military aviation. The tool control program is one of the activities in aviation. The aircraft will have more than 100 different types of maintenance service departments. All such departments will have own unique set of tools. So the tool control programe will be designed according the to the each aircraft requirement and design which is based civil or military or other.
The tool control program designed according to the space limitation on aircraft so that compact toolboxes can be framed.
Tool control program provides immediate account for all tools after completing a task. It is a type of accountability what tools are available when the specific task is completed. It is most valuable program and gives the benefit in order to reduce tool replacement costs. The objective of the tool control program is to improve flight safety procedures.
The use of method eliminates aircraft accidents, incidents etc. tool control program also reduces the expenditures for additional and replacement tools. The tool control program always envisages the general improvement in the quality of aviation maintenance. The material control officer coordinates the tool control program at local level.
SS Harry S.Truman has started applying the tool control program. It is used in the aviation in order to reduce the cost and manpower, which will be wasted on missing tools. The surface community not universal standard to organize and kept rack of tools. Hence there will be separate tool control program. Since the aviation tool control program indicates its identity while opening the box, it can easily be understand what item it is and where it should go. This is the main advantage of tool control program. When the toolbox opened there will be gray foam liner for each tools, so that it can easily be seen.
Nowadays-latest software designs like NAVAIR are available to meet the needs of tool control program. Such process will give benefits like instant tool inventory for specific tasks, rapid updates to manuals, positive tool accountability and quick and easy access to tools. With the developed customized tool boxes and manuals, the accommodation and maintenance of tooling requirements are possible to support the aircraft equipment. The information of tools can also be taken from tool control manuals as well as toolboxes.
Mere having enough tools to meet the requirement is not enough. Effective tool control program should be adopted. The tool control program has many advantages but it should be properly applied in order to have several good tool work habits. The tool control program enables to keep the tools in good condition, which protects from rust, nicks, burns, and breakage. After completion of the work, the toolbox should be kept properly which is part of the tool control program.
The program enables to provide inventory list of every toolbox. The list should be checked before and after completion of job or specific task, so that how many have been used and missed if any. The tools are specified for particular purpose and these should not be used wrongly. The tool control program enables to use correct tools for specific works. The tool control programe also designed that toolbox and other things kept separately beyond electrical appliances
The tool control will be directed by the Aircraft Launch and Recovery Equipment Maintenance Program i.e. ALREMP. The tool control program is tailored task i.e. specific needs to the requirement to flight. When the tools are designed according to the tool control programe, it enables the work efficiently. Whatever be the type of work, the programe enables that choose of specific tool with quick and accurate. Besides it has following advantages.
- Identification, selection, and usage of tools that are required to perform specific task.
- Methods of various inventories and maintain in order to support the tool control programe.
- Tool safety procedures and how these can be applied.
- Interpretation and recognition of various types of blue prints, electrical prints, piping prints and usage.
- It prevents Foreign Object Damage.
- It increases the productivity, since situated for easy access and located in systematic manner. This tool control program also allows for the location of tools to be monitored, documented and organized quickly and easily.
- In this system, tools are organized to meet the specific job.
- The program also reduces tool damage due to improper storage.
- The system also provides tool box numbers, employee numbers so that easily can recognize who have used the tools and accountability also easy.
- The program provides user productivity efficiency and accuracy so that monitoring and efficiency can be noted.
- Since the toolboxes are available in different shapes all tools are available in the toolboxes, so that efficient tool control programe can be implemented.
Cite this essay
Tool Control Program. (2017, Mar 09). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/tool-control-program-essay