Introduction To Enrollment System Essay
Introduction To Enrollment System
Enrollment system is one of the most important and evident, not only in a university, but also in lower levels of education. An accurate and efficient enrollment records helps to ensure a good impression of the institution on possible enrollees encouraging them to matriculate in the institution. The purpose of an enrollment process is to provide a means for staffs and the faculty to write down data that are essential to enrollment. As the enrollees increase every year, the enrollment procedures become harder and harder to deal. The amount of information that needs to be jot down also increases. This only serves to slower process and confusion among the staffs and faculty.
Also, unexpected problems such as loss of information may occur. A manual process of enrollment system takes more time and effort and causes delays of transaction. The unsystematic procedure of school during enrollment is now dreaded by them. Instead student enrollees have to stand and wait of finishing it in an hour or two, sometimes students are made to come back the next day or even after a week so that they can be officially enrolled. The process would also be burden for those students and parents who would line-up for hours just to get enrolled and paid. This problem will be eliminated in this proposed system.
The idea behind an enrollment system is not a new concept. As enrollees increase every year, enrollment procedures become harder to deal. This will only serve to increase the problem facing enrollment that provides more easy way in enrolling. It will help their institution to have another system that will upgrade enrollment processes so as to meet the quality that their institutions are trying to meet. Technology has been a part of our daily lives. Billions of people are using computer and we need to be aware of all the things around us to respond properly. Today, the use of technology has been an effective tool on improving such kind of enrollment system.
Enrolment system using LAN will provide the needs in storing information in a faster, more convenient way of storing files of the enrollees in a computer system. It will lessen the effort of faculty and staff in storing files of each pupil every now and then. This will also serve as information especially for the new enrollees, transferee, and teacher in able to get access in subject, and pupils. This information here can be viewed just a second without worrying that a single file is lost.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The burden of section states that the questions the researchers used in proposed study, the enrollment system of Lasam West,Central School
Specifically, it seeks to answer the following questions:
1. How is the enrollment process in the institution?
2. What are the problems encountered by the assigned staff on the current enrollment process?
3. What should be done to solve the problems encountered by the staff?
4. What is the perception of the end users of the Computerized Enrollment System in terms of:
c. User friendliness?
d. Error handling?
e. Reliability? and
5. What is the overall performance level of the system as perceived by the respondents?
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to design and to develop a Computerized System for the enrollment of the pupils in the School. Specifically, it aims to:
1. Determine the procedures of enrolment process by the faculty and staff and their advisers of the School. 2. Identify the problems encountered by the teachers, advisers, and pupils in relation to the present procedures of enrollment. 3. Find out and provide solution to the problems encountered by the pupils, the teachers and advisers in relation to enrolment; 4. Determine the perception of the end users of the enrollment system in terms of its;
c. Error handling
5. Verify the overall performance level of the system as perceived by the respondents;
c. Error handling
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The main output of this study will be beneficial to the following stakeholders: The Institution. The Computerized Enrollment System will eventually raise the quality of services offered by the School.
The Faculty and Staff. The system will lessen the repetitive, time-consuming enrollment records monitoring tasks of the faculty of the School. The system provides posting the names and level of pupils and automatically generates individual pupils information, list of subjects, classify pupils in their grade level.
The Registrar. The system will ultimately lessen the burden of the registrar in issuing enrolment form for retrieving and storing data purposes. The Advisers. Since the system provides list of pupils with deficiencies, this will help the advisers to identify pupils needing assistance and counseling. The Pupils. The development of the Computerized Enrollment System will make the enrollment process faster than the usual method of process and will consequently lessen enrollment time. The electronic database created with the system will eventually lessen the time. The Researcher. This study will enable the researcher to be more familiar in terms of the enrollment process of pupils particularly the transferees. Also, this will aid the developer to have more aptitude in computer programming and to have a supplementary enhancement in his skills in analyzing and organizing information. The Future Researchers. The study will serve as a ready reference for other researchers who may wish to conduct a similar system.
SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is focused on the design and development of a Computerized Enrollment System of each pupils enrolled at Lasam West Central School, Cabatacan East, Lasam Cagayan. The time they are admitted until they finished the grade school enrolled.
1. The proposed system is designed to accept personal information of the enrollee which includes ethnic affiliation and feeder school. 2. The system generates reports such as individual enrollment sheets of pupils, like distribution of pupils by address, age profile, minority group profile, gender profile, and enrollment data. 3. The system is designed in a local area network which will facilitate in providing an electronic database for the storage of enrollment obtained by pupils every year which will serve as basis for monitoring their enrollment information and classifying them into grade levels. 4. Servers will be managed by the assigned member of the faculty of each institute to the information of the enrollee. They will be the ones who will manage all the records of each student may it be a newcomers or transferees.
5. A full backup internally backs up the entire database, which includes part of the transaction log, so that the entire database will be recovered to the point in time at which the backup will be completed. It’s very important to analyze and understand the amount of free space required for full backup’s on the server. During a full backup, the backup operation basically copies only the data that is available in the database to the backup file. The free or unused space which was available in the database is completely discarded.
The proposed automated enrollment system was purely for enrollment only. It doesn’t support any grading system. Each of the information is stored at the server where the proposed system will be LAN-Based. The system is not designed to generate ID because of the contract between the school and the photographer regarding the school’s ID’s.
This study is limited only on the information provided by the Lasam West, Central School.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Computer—it is the primary tool where the system will be installed. Network. It is a group of computers and other devices that are connected and share resources Performance. It is the capability or ability of a system to work along the developments. Security. The ability to prevent unauthorized access whether accidental or deliberate to programs or data. Server. This refers to the main terminal in a network. It handles and manages the operations in a network. Software. It refers to the program for a computer to work
System. It refers to any collection of component elements for the network to perform a task Usability. This refers to one of the indicators of software performance which focuses on the functionality of the system and can be used by specific user to achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction in a specified context of use. User friendliness. This refers to one of the indicators of software performance which focuses on the functionality and usability of the system. Accuracy. The provision of right or agreed results or effects Design. This refers to the process of planning and problem-solving for a software solution. Error-handling. It refers to the anticipation, detection and resolution of programming, application and communication error. Enrollment form- This is a document which lists down the required subjects of the enrollee.