Footnote to Youth Essay
Footnote to Youth
1. What view of life does the story present? Which character best articulates this viewpoint? Marriage in a very young age when you are not yet prepared with the obligations accompanied to it will give birth to more problems. That we should not rush time in our decisions but nevertheless to weigh every single action we’ll be making. Dodong is the one who represents the typical youth that experiencing a lot of uncertainties in life that make him realize that he sacrifice his youth just for the sake of proving himself that he can manage his own life because he is matured enough to face this life’s challenges. If he can managed himself to have a family because he knows that he is in the legal age that he can be independent and can definitely choose the right from wrong.
But because of his foolishness, he had difficult time meeting the expectations that he must achieve. Because he just realized that he was wrong that he was not listening to his parents about dealing with marriage, family and life after marriage. And now that he has his own family, he just accepts the fact that it already happens.
2. According to this work’s view of life, what is mankind’s relationship to God? To the universe? Teenage marriage is the most common problem of the youth these days, Love and being in love encompasses a lot of things in life that we have to keep in mind. Being married at the young age is something that many people should consider because with everything that’s been happening in our society we might just regret it. Indeed, marriage is a holy sacrament that is to be taken seriously and responsibly by two people who have witnessed their love grow.
3. What moral statement, if any, does this story make? Is it explicit or implicit? Having a family is really hard to do a lot of thinking before pursuing to do it. Also, being aware and conscious of the Filipinos in terms of our status in life that it is not practical for a typical youth to get married if they are not physically, financially, emotionally, psychologically stable. Furthermore, it is better for us to follow what our parents what is think for us is best because our parents really knows how life should be. They already experienced these things and they do not want to experience this kind of things. Finally, we must have proper education about responsible parenthood to avoid consequences when we engaged to have a family.
4. What is the author’s attitude toward his world? Toward fate? Toward God? It gives reminder for the Filipinos especially the youth of what a real life could be today. Explains the life a youth who get married earlier without planning what will happen ahead. The author wanted to guide the youth in dealing with early marriage. He made the story for us, youth, to be guided. Guided in our decisions in life. That we should not rush time in our decisions but nevertheless to weigh every single action we’ll be making.
5. What is the author’s conception of good and evil?
Eagerness of youth is in terms of what they want and when they want it. So true in the community. Yet, this very young and too eager generation do not yet know or too far away from the realization of the possible outcomes of their very subjective decisions in life. I am also a youth who get what I want. I realized that is it not always good to have everything I want at hand when I wanted them. As I seek the journey of the road called life, I come up into a though that everything I wanted most will come right on time, thus, creating greater fulfilment and contentment in life. Meaning, what life may offer is too different from what we want in a rush. What we either achieved is best rather than good.
6. What does the work say about the nature of good or evil?
Do not let things pass so fast. Savour each moment that you are still in the bracket of youthfulness. The secret to a fulfilled life and too far from regrets is to live each day or moment meaningfully.
7. What does the work say about human nature?
You can also see the disappointment because the youth of today is like Dodong who is apathetic about the real score in life and because they say that they are mature, close-mindedness are being seen for this. This story is true to life and all the youth is experiencing this kind of trouble. For example at the provinces, because of lack of education and orientation of the parents and siblings about responsible adulthood and parenthood, their siblings are engaging to a lot of relationship and turnout to be marrying at the young .Because in provinces, it is not wrong to marry at the young age but there is certain limitation. If the man is mature enough to face life challenges to avoid consequences. He will get to marry his partner provided that he has his parent’s consent. Like Dodong