24/7 writing help on your phone
Rice-and-beans, the staple of Belize Cuisine. Although originally considered primarily a
Creole dish, today it’s eaten daily by all and is simply called Belizean rice and beans.
1 cup red kidney beans
1 cup thick coconut milk
1 garlic clove (optional)
salt & pepper
2 cups rice
1 onion, sliced
1 piece of salt meat (cut into small pieces)
1. Soften beans (soak first) with garlic.
2. Boil until tender and whole, adding salt meat (previously boiled to soften) when almost tender.
3. Add the milk, onion and seasonings.
4. Wash rice, then add to the beans.
5. Cook over gentle heat until liquid is absorbed.
7. Stir gently with a fork, and add a little water from time to time until rice is cooked.
Serve hot with a meat dish.
(Some favorite meat dishes with rice and beans are: stuffed baked chicken, stew chicken, stew fish, fried
fish or meat balls).
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.get help with your assignment