Argumentative Essay Topics
Argumentative essay topics are the controversial topics. In other words, this essay defends a thesis concerning which you can argue “for” and “against.” Argumentative essay topic convinces the audience of an individual point of view and persuades it to one side (and much attention is paid to the contradictory argument). It articulate why these ideas are preferable and not the others.
The author in the topic conducts a kind of inner dialogue (evaluating the allegations, evidences, supports, assumptions, some hidden arguments and inner contradictions), and leads to the fact that one viewpoint is wiser than the other, despite the thing that other people may not share it initially.
Argumentative essays are turning to a variety of topics: from the socio-political to the personal. The main thing is that this theme should have no less than two valid viewpoint.
What is the complexity of writing argumentative essay? The writer has not only to understand a particular topic and to be familiar with it, but also to have his or her own opinion on the given problem, and what is most importantly, be able to explain it. You should own a beautiful literary style and competently argue your position. If while you are preparing a report you simply analyze specific literature, the essay requires a good penetration into the problem.
Quite often such essays are given to humanitarian and economic students in a middle school or for college at gre. They help to develop the students’ ability to dwell, analyze, research and express their viewpoints. But for technical students such a task on the non-core subject is only a waste of efforts and time. In such a situation, it is more convenient to find ready-made essays and use them as an example. In a contemporary life, it is important to get used to the time division and not to distract on minor details.
Thus, our examples of essays will not only help you in solving one of the given problems, but also give you time to practice the main subjects that are important and interesting for your future career.
On our site you will find some best sample topics of argumentative essays which will help to look at the structure or the format of such kind of writing, as well as will give you some prompts to start easy your essay. Among the topics present there are those that deal with politics, economy, education, culture. There is a possibility to use them for the outline of your essay or just parts of them to help in definition of your ideas direction.
Good argumentative essay topics
- Malls have improved the way we shop
- Animals in the zoo. Is it fair to keep them in cages?
- Should cars be prohibited in the centers of large cities?
- It is better to learn a foreign language in a country where it is a native language.
- It is good to learn 2-3 foreign languages for children
- Books and computers. Who will win in future?
- Computer games. A benefit or waste of time?
- Pros and cons of space research
- Science experiments quickly reduce our current life.
- Military service should be mandatory
- Television is creating a new variant of culture
- The senior classes should be profiled
- Education for boys and girls should be separate
- Many people think the best way to travel is by car
- Activity is the only way to knowledge
- Conflict of generations is inevitable
- The importance of education is underestimated now.
- Work can’t bring pleasure, it is just a way to earn your living
- We are responsible for the lives of others
- Nuclear weapons have made the world a more dangerous place
- Money can buy happiness.
- Worries about money are a cause of unhappiness.
- The best things in life are free.
- Nowadays teenagers’ behavior is shaped more by their peers than by their parents.
- It is better to grow up in a family with lots of brothers and sisters.
- The Internet has made our life a lot easier.
- Shopping online is not safe or secure.
- Computers will soon be more intelligent than people.
- It is not possible to make a real friend online. True friendship needs face-to-face contact.
- Chat rooms are a danger for teenagers. Adults should monitor the conversations.
- In future, traditional meals will be replaced by synthetic food pills.
- People used to think that family played an important role in society, but times have changed and now the family is much less important
- Post offices should close. In the age of the Internet, they are no longer necessary
- Should a student begin a career or enter university at 18?
- Sports should only be an optional discipline at school as not all students are equally good at sports
Argumentative essay topics for college
- The competition is a product of the rarity
- Revolution is a barbaric way to progress
- Cloning is the future of the mankind
- Religion is a justifiable wisdom
- Political fortress is strong only if it is based on a moral force.
- Open society should have open borders
- Negotiations with the tourists should not be allowed
- Unemployment contributes to the economic development
- The United Nations should enhance the protection of cultural rights
- Technical progress leads to the death of civilization
- Love is always difficult, it is a mixture of sexual and spiritual attraction
- The person should have the freedom of choice
- Nature is not a temple but a workshop, and a man is its worker
- There is an inextricable link between man and nature
- Sometimes, in order to become immortal, you have to pay the cost of your life
- The will and desire cannot be mixed
- Nature creates a human, but the society develops and forms him.
- Be mindful of your thoughts, they are the start of the actions
- Science is the truth multiplied by the question
- It should not be permitted to anyone to alter the historical truth
- The animal never comes to such a terrible fall, as a man does
- The needs are growing not only due to urgent necessity but because of capricious desires.
- Man is not a thing but a creature that can only be understood in the long process of development.
- People will be miserable without the society
- Everything that happened in the past, will be repeated again
- Freedom entails responsibility. That is why many people are afraid of it
- War is a profitable business
- Any means are good to achieve your goals
- Inflation allows everyone to feel like a millionaire
- Rich industrialized nations are responsible for global warming so it is their duty to find a remedy.
- Signs of child abuse.
Sometimes it is quite possible to use the quotation of some famous people as a title for your essay. Here are the examples of such citations.
- “Business is the art of extracting money from the pocket of other person without any violence.” M. Amsterdam
- “Wealth is not in possession of the treasure, but in the ability to use it.” Napoleon
- “Money is like manure: if you do not scatter it, it will not bring profit.” F.A. Hayek
- “Moderation is the wealth of the poor, greed is the poverty of the rich.” P. Cyr
- “Even the most generous man tries to pay cheap for what he buys every day.” B. Shaw
- “You do not need to learn the art of acquiring, but the art of spending.” Zh. Droz
- “If the money does not serve you, it will rule over you.” F. Bacon
- “The main purpose of the capital is not to get as much money as possible, but to ensure that money leads to a better life.” G. Ford
- “The main advantages of having money is the ability of using it.” Benjamin Franklin
- “Taxes are money collected by the government from the part of the society for the benefit of the whole people.” S. Johnson
- “A child at birth is not a man, but only the candidate of a man” A.Peron
- “The idea of freedom is related to the true nature of man” Karl Jaspers
- “Science is ruthless. It shamelessly denies the favorite and familiar delusion “N.V. Charles
- “Progress only indicates the direction of the movement, and it does not care what is at the end of the path – good or evil” J. Huizinga
- “The revolution is the transition from untruth to truth, from falsehood to truth, from justice to oppression, from deception and suffering to a straightforward honesty and happiness” Robert Owen