A. Background of the study
Radish is an annual herb widely grown for its edible fleshy, hot tasting roots maybe red, white or purple. Every part of the root or the plant can be used in different ways. The leaves and the roots are eaten raw in salads. Likewise, it can be cooked or mixes with meat to satisfactory attain its delicious taste. Aside from food, it is dried for juice extraction. Radishes grow in Asia, Europe and America.
It was the favorite of the ancient Egyptians, Greek and Chinese. Radishes are the easiest of all garden vegetables to grow, but they should be given in a good rich soil. The first seed must be sown as soon as the ground is workable and not too cold for the seed to germinate.
* To produce pesticide out of radish extract.
* To have a biodegradable pesticide.
C. Statement of the problem
What is the effect of radish extract as pesticide on aphids or ants?
Alternative – The pesticide that was made from the radish extract will work.
Null – The pesticide that was made from the radish extract will not work.
E. Significance of the study
In choosing this project, we want to contribute knowledge in maintaining the good health of vegetable plants by using a pesticide out of radish extract. It can help in livelihood by producing good crops. The harvest can be sold to market as an additional income. It can also minimize the number of planters who used chemical which are found distractive to the environment.
F. Scope and Limitations
This study focus on producing pesticide out of radish extract. And it is also the utilization of the extract from radish as pesticide against different kind of pests like worms, ants and aphids.
G. Definition of terms
* A Eurasian plant (Raphanus sativus) having a fleshy edible root and white to purple flowers clustered in a terminal raceme. * The pungent root of this plant, eaten raw as an appetizer and in salads.
* Radish is the main ingredient in our experiment.
We took its extract and ferment it in a few days.
* are substances or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying, repelling or mitigating any pest. Pesticides are a special kind of products for crop protection.
* This will be the result of our experiment, a pesticide that will be use in killing pest.
* is an animal which is detrimental to humans or human concerns. It is a loosely defined term, often overlapping with the related terms vermin, weeds, parasites and pathogens. In its broadest sense, a pest is a competitor of humanity.
* This was the object that we used to complete our experiment. We use a certain pest like ants to be experimented.
H. Conceptual Frame Work
First we prepared the things that we needed for the experiment.
Then we cut the radish into pieces.
Then we pounded the radish to separate the extract and it pulp
Then we put it in a cloth to collect the extract.
We fermented the radish extract for two weeks.
We used it to kill the aphid it took us a couple of minutes to kill but it worked.
The first thing we did was to prepare the materials that are needed to create our Investigatory Project. Then when we were all set we started the experiment by cutting the radish into pieces for us to pound it easily. After cutting the radish we pound it to separate the extract from its pulp. When we were pounding the radish our hand burns because of the radish extract. When it was already crushed we put in a cloth and we squeezed it to collect the radish extract. After cutting, pounding and squeezing the entire radish we put it on a jar and we fermented it for two weeks. Finally, after two weeks we transferred the extract into a bottle sprayer. Then spray some to the aphid we had, it took a couple of minutes to kill the aphid but gladly it worked.
Cite this page
Investigatory Project: Radish. (2017, Apr 02). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/investigatory-project-radish-essay