Essay, Pages 4 (773 words)
The Earth’s average global temperature has been rapidly increasing over the past 50 years and it has been described that the temperature is reaching into extreme numbers. Now, one of the main reasons for global warming is because of the excess heat in the atmosphere which has caused the intense rising of temperature. Carbon Dioxide and greenhouse gases has something to do about this. Scientifically, these gases plus other pollutants cannot escape out of the earth.
Moreover, they are being trapped inside the earth’s atmosphere which causes the excess heat.
That phenomenon is known as the greenhouse effect. Many scientists have argued whether or not if the global warming phenomena is indeed existent. Global warming has also caused climate change, which negatively affects people all across the globe. Earth’s temperature becomes warmer and warmer as well as the oceans and seas. As a result, energy that causes typhoon becomes stronger. Global Warming is described as a long term change in the temperature and weather pattern.
One of the main evidence of global warming is the rapid increase of the temperature which can be seen in this graph. Source for graph : According to the graph provided by UCAR, the cause of the warming was due to the increase of greenhouse gases. In this graph, Charles Keeling found out that the total amount of carbon dioxide was increasing yearly. Based on number of studies, these are the other factors that show the evidence for global warming: The Arctic ice extent is starting to decrease, glaciers are melting and the snow covers and snow are melting The amount of heat absorbed in the ocean has increased, which poses a threat to the marine life.
The sea level around our planet has been rising mainly because of the melting glaciers and because of the thermal expansion. The formation of clouds and rain is also affected. The increase in temperature contributes to the amount of clouds that will evaporate and fall as rain, snow or hail. The amount of rain that will fall affects the normal cycle climate. It might cause some other countries to have severe drought or large floods. The expected weather from time to time might be changed. Effects such as drought affects people’s health. It can lead to malnutrition and infectious diseases. The main reason for global warming is because of us humans, we have increased the abundance of heat mostly because of fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gases. Source: Based on the graph done by EPA, we are able to see the drastic increase of carbon dioxide. We know that carbon dioxide is the main trapped gas which is responsible for most of the warming.
In addition, most of the source of carbon dioxide is from human activities. According to studies. the increase of carbon dioxide has existed ever since the 1950s. The US fourth national climate assessment found that 93% to 123% of observed 1951-2010 warming was due to human activities. This is able to prove that ever since the industrial age of humans, there has also been an increase in the emission of carbon dioxide. Source: This graph shows the natural and human factors that influence climate warming. According to the graph, almost в…” of the impact to the rise of the atmosphere and oceanic temperature is attributed to anthropogenic forcing (or simply human activities).
The third section will answer the question, ‘Is it a crisis?’
- Find a source that explains why global warming is a crisis. Using this source write a paragraph explaining and showing why. Use data, graphs, and info from the article.
- Find a source that explains why global warming is NOT a crisis. Using this source write a paragraph explaining and showing why not. Use data, graphs, and info from the article.
The fourth section will answer the question, ‘Can we do anything about it?’
- Find a source that explains what we can do. Using this source write a paragraph explaining and showing why. Use data, graphs, and info from the article.
- Find a source that explains that we can’t do anything. Using this source write a paragraph explaining and showing why not. Use data, graphs, and info from the article.
The last section is the bibliography:
- You must list at least six different sources.
- They must be quoted appropriately in the body of the paper.
- You must include the entire web site if it is from the internet. If the source is from a book or magazine you must list the title, the publisher, the date, the page numbers, and any other pertinent data. I must be able to look up your source.