1. In the 21st century what trends in the environmental forces (social, economic, technological, competitive, and regulatory) (a) work for and (b) work against success for Prince Sports in the Tennis industry?
a) The social media and technology have helped the success for Prince Sports. b) The economy and competitors work against the success of Prince Sports.
2. Because sales of Prince Sports in Tennis-related products depends heavily on growth of the tennis industry, what marketing activities might it use in the U.S. to promote tennis playing? They could hold local city tournaments. They could also sponsor a tennis team or donate tennis rackets to a school to promote playing tennis.
3. What promotional activities might Prince use to reach (a) recreational players and (b) junior players? a) School sponsorship, hosting junior tournaments, web advertisements, social media presence.
4. What might Prince do to help it gain distribution and sales in (a) mass merchandisers like Target and Wal-Mart and (b) specialty tennis shops? a) Focus on circulars (ads in Wal-Mart paper) organizing tennis rackets in a positive way that could increase sales. Find a way to sell their rackets for cheap.
b) Suggest sponsoring an athlete or create custom displays in the store. Focus on wall space, and making the best racket. Personal selling, and market the product to the important people.
5. In reaching global markets outside the U.S. (a) what are some criteria that Prince should use to select countries in which to market aggressively, (b) what three or four countries meet these criteria best, and (c) what are some marketing actions Prince might use to reach these markets? a) Are there professionals from the country, Economy status, Demographics, b) Germany, United Kingdom, France, Czech Republic, c) Find an athlete and convince them to be sponsored by your company.