Variables for Road Accidents in Research Essay
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
Thousands of road accidents occur every day resulting in death or serious injury to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. There are numerous reasons for road accidents. Here is a list of the major causes; 1. Bad roads – Have you ever driven on a paved road that felt like a dirt roads. Pot holes and uneven pavement can and do lead to serious road accidents by throwing you off course and out of control of your vehicle. Bad roads are not unusual in some places so it’s up to you as a driver to be able to control vehicle.
2. Bad Weather – Many people do not take note of the changes to their driving habits that they must make due to bad weather. Rain and Snow can cause loss of visibility due to the severity. Wet, Snow covered, and Icy pavement also diminishes the handling ability of your vehicle. Respect the weather to arrive alive. 3. Untrained / Unskilled Drivers – Many boys and girls start driving without any proper training or without holding license, due to this they cannot control their vehicles in case of emergency break or on the roads where traffic flow is enough.
4. Speeding and Reckless driving – Exceeding the posted speed limit for the zone you are driving in/through is classified as speeding. The faster you go the harder it is to stop. Speed limits are imposed for safety reasons especially in school zones and busy pedestrian areas. Reckless driving is willfully disregarding traffic regulations and exhibiting aggressive driving tactics such as changing lanes without signaling.
5. In-Car Distractions – Involves taking your eyes off the road to temporarily tend to something going on inside your car. Doing things such as apply makeup, CD change, find articles, pick up something you dropped, tend to a child, or even arguing with someone inside your car can be a serious error. 6. One Wheeling – In most of the parts of the country, one wheeling occurs by young people on roads. We see that on Friday youngsters go in shape of groups and they start one wheeling. If any one of them gets slip, other 3 or 4 youngsters get also met accident because of first one. 7. Over loading – Overloading is another cause of road accidents. When a vehicle has too much excess weight the driver has a more difficult time operating and controlling the vehicle. Due to overloading accidents may occur, resulting in unnecessary and preventable injuries to other people.
8. Drug use – involves driving under the influence of any type of perception altering substance. These substances include illegal drugs like cocaine, crack, LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide), Methamphetamines.. Also be careful of over the counter medications that causes drowsiness. 9. Drunk driving – Driving drunk or driving while intoxicated has traditionally been responsible for the highest death rates. The best technique to aid with preventing drunk driving is to make it a policy to take keys from friends, when you know they’ve been drinking. You may also wish to drive them home.
10. Rubbernecking – Rubbernecking is also cause of traffic accidents and injuries. People do it when they come past an accident. With rubbernecking they can’t turn their heads and do not care for people around them on road. 11. Eating in the car –Far too many accidents have been caused by people trying to avoid getting crumbs or mustard on their pants. Another great piece of advice is to make sure you have adequately sized drink holders, especially for hot coffee so you won’t have to place your drink between your legs. Many more accidents yet have been caused because a lid popped off or a drink was spilled on a driver’s lap.
12. Changing CD/Radio – Do not change the radio, inserting a new CD, or fiddling with your MP3 for granted. Many people see it as simple multitasking but these activities contribute to higher incidences of road accidents. 13. Cell phone/ Mobile use – It is not surprising that the cell phone has taken over as the major cause for traffic accidents. Cell phone use involves talking, or texting on your phone or mobile device. Use devices such as hands free and Bluetooth with caution also as they do not guarantee 100% that you will not be distracted. But It will be beneficial to use.