January 2013 Chapter 1 The Problem and Background of the Study Introduction: We all know that electricity is now in high-price and we must conserve it. And using our Investigatory Project, we can say that you will try to use it, you can conserve electricity and at the same time, you are enjoying the air from it. With this Investigatory Project that is made up of recyclable materials, you can use at the same time your computer and this USB fan, you will just install the USB in your PC then your PC will be the source of energy of this fan for it to move.
So you can lessen the usage of electricity in using electric fan while playing PC. And also it can help our environment by using recyclable CD. Statement of the Problem:
1. Does it help our society and environment?
2. Is this fan can help us in conserving electricity?
3. Is this fan is cheaper and easier to prepare than electric fan? Significance of the Study This Investigatory Project can help us conserving electricity because some of us play computer with matching electric fan and because of our high/hot temperature right now.
We use to move our electric fan and because of our to its highest level to give strong wind and if we move it to highest level, we use more electricity than using its lowest level. The usage of electricity is based on the work that is given by the electric fan. In that case, we use more electricity. That’s why this USB fan can help us in conserving electricity by connecting only the USB to the CPU laptop.
There is less electricity used in this fan because it only gets the energy to the computer or laptop and it provide the strong wind that we need. It can give pleasant wind that our body needs for our temperature for today. And we can also use those waste products like old CD’s and tissue core. You can make the CD as the propeller of the fan. So, we can help in our problem about technology waste product. Instead of throwing it anywhere or burning it that can make our ozone layer to be damage that might harm our body. So let’s recycle it so that we can help our environment. Input USB Small Engine
CD (at least 2)
Small tissue core
Laptop or CPU Process Output
1.Prepare the materials to be used.
2.Cut and form the CD as a propeller.
3.Burn the center of the CD so that it will melt and it will be elevated.
4.Make a small hole into the bottle cap and place it in the middle of the CD.
5. Cut the wires of the USB but leave 2 wires of it.
6. Connect the wire of the USB to the small engine.
7. Place the small engine on th tissue holder.
8. Put the tissue holder to another CD (uncut) that will serve as the stand of the USB fan.
9. Put the propeller on he small engine.
10. Lastly, connect the USB to the CPU or laptop to make the fan move.
A USB fan made up of recyclabe material was made. Scope and Delimitations We include the study on how we can conserve electricity because, if you use this Investigatory Project, you can only conserve a little electricity than using the other fan. Also, on how can we help in taking care of the environment by using recyclable/waste materials.
We didn’t include in this investigatory Project the study about the time limit of this USB fan because , we didn’t discover yet on how many years this UBS fan can be use. Hypothesis
1. Yes, it can help in our society and environment because it can recycle technology waste products like CD.
2. Yes, it can help us in conserving electricity because it can only consume a little electricity than the electric fan we usually use.
3. Yes, it is cheaper because it is made up of recyclable materials and it is also easier to prepare than the electric fan. Definition of terms CD – a hard plastic disk approximately 12 cm/ 4 in. in a diameter on which information such as music or computer data is digitally encoded in format readable by laser beam.
Fan – device for moving air. A device to circulate current of air, especially one with rotating blad.
Small Engine – something that supplies the drive force or energy to a movement, system, or trend. Universal Serial Bus (USB) – is an industry standard developed in the mid-1990s that defines the cables, connectors, and communications protocols used in a bus for connection, communication and power supply between computers and electronic devices.
Wire – a strand of metal, usually copper, that is encased in plastic or another insulting material and is used to carry a electric current. Chapter 3 Research Methodology This study was made using the experimental design and the researchers made several observations. Research Design We the researchers decided to make Investigatory Project at Mendros’ residence. Locale of the Study Materials: Research Instrumentation USB Connector Laptop or PC CDs Plastic Bottle Caps Small Engines Wire Tissue Core Conceptual Framework Data gathering procedure First, prepare the material to be use. Then cut and form the CD as a propeller and burn the center of the CD so that it will melt and it will be elevated. The make a small hole onto the plastic bottle cap and place it in the middle of the CD. Cut the wires of the USB but leave 2 wires of it.
Connect the wire of the USB to the small engine. Place the small engine on the tissue holder. Put the tissue holder to another CD (uncut) that will serve as the stand of the USB fan. Put the propeller (CD) o the small engine. Lastly, connect the USB to the CPU or laptop to make the fan move. Chapter 4 Results and Discussions Durability Results Power Efficient Quality Appearance Air Flow Air Flow Comparison to other brand Chapter 5 Summary of Findings Summary The research yielded consistent data recyclable CD, tissue holder, plastic bottle, and small engine can be an electric fan that can produce a pleasant air. It can help our environment by the use of the recyclable materials and it can also help us in conserving electricity because USB fan made of CD can only consume a little amount of electricity than the electric fan we usually use at home.
And we can make sure that it can produce a pleasant air. You will just connect the USB connector in the CPU of the computer to make it move. Honestly, our investigatory project is small if you will compare it to the electric fan we usually use in our home. We can use this fan while searching our assignment in our computer so that we don’t feel the hot temperature than can cause our sweating. Consclusion – Electric fan consume large usage of electricity and also our environment are being abused. So we need to conserve electricity and save Mother Nature.
– We therefore conclude that this Investigatory Project is very suitable in solving our problem about electricity and environment. It can consume electricity and recycle materials so that we can help Mother Nature. RECOMMENDATIONS: These are the following recommendations:
1. You can use cork instead of plastics cap.
2. You can improvise your own cover for this USB fan.
3. You can improvise your own stand made up of
4. You can use this fan in the jeepney.
5. You can make this USB fan bigger, but make sure that your going to use bigger engine.
Cite this page
USB Fan Made Up of Recyclable CD’s. (2016, Apr 23). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/usb-fan-made-up-of-recyclable-cds-essay