Title: The Effects of Microwaved Water on Plant Growth Essay
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
Chemistry Investigatory Projects
Title: The Effects of Microwaved Water on Plant Growth
1. What are the factors that make the microwave harmful?
2. What happens to the water (when microwaved) that causes it to affect plant growth? 3. What are the effects of microwaved water on the growth of plants? Hypotheses:
1. The micro wavelength radiation the microwave contains makes it harmful. 2. The water undergoes ionizing radiation which causes it to affect the growth of the plant 3. The growth of the plant will be affected due to the harmful radiation in the microwave.
1. To determine if the radiation in microwaves are harmful 2. To determine the effects of microwaved water on plant growth 3. To identify the factors that make the microwave harmful http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/18/microwave-hazards.aspx http://www.johnohab.com/publications/EnvironMentors%20Program%20Final%20Paper%20-%20Lalaram.pdf
Title: Zea Mays Peelings as Components in Paper Making
1. What makes Zea Mays peelings feasible in making handmade paper? 2. What are alternative simple procedures in making handmade paper? 3. Is it feasible for Zea Mays peelings to be used as an alternative component in making handmade paper? Hypotheses:
1. The thinness and dryness of the Zea Mays peelings make it possible to make handmade paper out of it 2. Alternative simple procedures in making handmade paper are submerging the peelings in wheat paste, heating, blending the peelings, and setting it on a couching sheet. 3. Zea Mays peelings are feasible as an alternative component in making handmade paper. Objectives:
1. To prove the feasibility of Zea Mays peelings as handmade paper. 2. Identify what makes Zea Mays peelings feasible in making handmade paper. http://www.ehow.com/how_5819683_make-papyrus-paper-corn-husks.html. http://handicraft.indiamart.com/products/paper-products/how-to-make-handmade-paper.html.
Title: Moringa oleifera (Malunggay) Leaves Extract used as an Alternative for Mosquito Repellents
1. What are some of the chemical components of Moringa oleifera leaves that make it feasible as an alternative for mosquito repellents? 2. How are the Moringa oleifera leaf extracts effective in repelling mosquitoes? 3. What concentration of the extract would be best effective against mosquitoes? Hypotheses:
1. Moringa oleifera leaf extracts are feasible as an alternative for repelling mosquitoes since they have many health benefits such as vitamin A, potassium, iron and calcium. 2. Moringa oleifera leaf extracts are also effective since they also contain all essential amino acids and contain anti-bacterial properties. Objectives:
1. To make an effective mosquito repellent that will be able to prevent Dengue. 2. To protect people from the very harmful mosquito bites that causes Dengue. http://region3.dost.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=378:the-larvicidal-effect-of-lantana-camara-leaf-extract-on-mosquito&catid=15:chemistry&Itemid=45
Title: Blueberry Juice used to manipulate the Ripening of Apples
1. What are some of the chemical components of the blueberry juice that delays the ripening of the apples? 2. How effective are the antioxidants of the blueberry?
3. How long will the ripening of the apples last when using the blueberry juice? Hypotheses:
1. Blueberries are very rich in anthocyanins, which are very powerful antioxidants than Vitamin E. 2. The antioxidants of the blueberry also very effective in preventing diseases because of the different chemical compounds and anti-inflammatory properties. Objectives:
1. To identify a way to prolong the goodness and taste in fruits. 2. To devise a simpler and safer way to preserve fruits.
Title: Using Apple Cider Vinegar as an Alternative for Stain Removal
1. What are some of the chemical constituents of the apple cider vinegar that can possibly help remove stains? 2. How is apple cider vinegar effective in removing stains? 3. What are the other benefits of using apple cider vinegar? Hypotheses:
1. Some of the chemical constituents found in apple cider vinegar are potassium, calcium and phosphorus can possibly help remove stains. 2. Other benefits in using apple cider vinegar are strengthening immune system, increase stamina and improve digestion. Objectives:
1. To come up with a more environmentally friendly way to clean stains. 2. To make an effective alternative in removing stains.