* A CyGy garment was established by Guia Collantes and Carmela Santos. September 1976
* The cousin’s started researched, copied, revised and altered designs from magazines, stores and television and they finished their first fashion collection.
* Cy Gy garment got their first expansion acquiring six industrial machines and hiring more sewers.
By end of 1991
* Their employee was 25 workers.
* Their manufacturing has with 12 subcontractors, that capacity up to 18,000 pieces a month.
* Their making ravenous of about P14 M per year, they focus their production on making SM’s private labels ladies’ wear brand.
* Were especially challenging years for the company. This was the time when the Philippine economy experienced a slump due to Ninoy Aquino’s assassination which brought about political and economic instability.
* CyGy Garments began to prosper, because of economy slightly improved.
* CyGy orders expanded to 150 pieces /style and average of 4 to 5 styles per week.
* During this time, entrepreneurs began to time into garments manufacturing and more ladies were manufactures have SM suppliers.
* Metro manila was plagued with 10-12 brown outs, this compelled CyGy to purchase a generator to continue their operations. 2000
* Half of the garment racks that CyGy used to occupy in SM selling floor are being used to display goods from other local and imported garment manufacturer.
* They noticed that ordered from SM were slowly dividing.
* They sample were submitted frequently being rejected or when the samples were on hold.
* SM asked for lower prices
* They expected that the ordered volume should increase with new malls operation.
* An (October) new mall in operation has initiated orders for that month.
View point taken
If I were being in a situation like this, I design original clothes that suit in our customer. I submit it in other malls not only in SM, Even though SM is the one of the better mall. I pursue to supply to other mall or I build my own boutique to be popular in other consumer even though it’s expensive to spread the good quality that I have. To assure that the product will continue. Because there’s competitors began into garments industry.
Statement of the problem
* Is it necessary for Cygy to expand product line to maintain market share or is expanding its market a better proposition.
* CYGY samples submitted frequently being rejected or the samples on hold.
* The competitors began to venture into garments manufacturing and more ladies were manufactures became SM supplier.
* Metro manila was plagued with 10-12 brown outs.
* Economy in the Philippines experienced a stump due to Ninoy’s Aquino’s assassination which brought about political and economic instability.