Three Man In A Boat Essay
Three Man In A Boat
1- Jerome’s habit of reading about different diseases made him suffer. * Jerome’s habit of reading about different diseases made him suffer because while reading about different diseases he thinks himself suffering from various diseases.
2- Why did Jerome object to the sea trip?
* Jerome objected to the sea trip because he thought that the sea trip can be beneficial only when one is going to have a couple of months of it, but for a week it is always desasterous.
3- How did Montmorency react to their final motion?
* Montmorency was against it because he had nothing to do there. Scenery was not in his line, he can’t smoke and if he see a rat, they won’t stop him and when he will go to sleep they get fooling about the boat and stop him overboard.
4- Write a brief character sketch of Jerome K. Jerome.
* Jerome K. Jerome is a fickle minded and non decisive. He is hypochondriacs who are concerned with their diseases. He has a habit of reading about different diseases and imagining. He is overworked and exhausted.
5- Why did George and Jerome decide in favor of camping out? * George and Jerome decide in favor of camping out because they want to enjoy the beauty of nature.
6- What was the Montmorency’s idea for life?
* (don’t know the answer to this question)
7- Write a brief character sketch of uncle Podger.
– Uncle Podger is a mudded headed person. He is totally confused. Whenever he undertakes a job, he creates a commotion up and down the house. It is evident of his hanging picture on the wall. He himself commits mistake and holds the family members responsible for that.
8- Why did Harris remind Jerome of uncle Podger?
* Harris remind Jerome of uncle Podger because same as uncle Podger, Harris also likes to do everything himself but does not do anything properly. He is always ready to take the burden of everything himself and put it on the backs of other people.
9- What were the things that George suggested to take with them? * The things that George suggested to take with them are-
* A dog
* Something to wear
* Something to eat
* A pipe or two
* A little more to drink.
10- “Camping out in rainy weather is not pleasant” who suggested it? Did others agree? * The following line are suggested by Harris, and others too agree because in such a weather the tent could tumble down in a heap. They could not make a wood fire and could not even smoke and tobacco was also damp. They could also catch severe cold.
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 3 June 2017
We will write a custom essay sample on Three Man In A Boat
for only $16.38 $13.9/page