- John conducted himself in such a way that others might of idea he was some “big hot shot” supervisor.
- John displayed little or no management qualities, the resistance among others in the group were thought to be, due to the fact that of John.
Kate was worried about the resistance with the job group and how the group was not being as productive as they could have been.
- John’s leadership style was the reason the project group failed.
- John provided the impression that he was the “huge man”, the jokes he informed and thought were amusing, employees felt were improper and this triggered failure.
- John acted in a frivolously disrespectful manner showing extremely little regard for the feelings and the efforts of his staff member.
- Structural: The structure was affected to the level that John was no longer apart of the team.
- Psychosocial: The most effected system. Members of the group were no longer motivated about the project due to the fact that John made them feel, belittled, less visible and insulted.
Once this occurred the job was a sure failure.
- Technical: The inefficient leadership and improper behavior of John may have been the reason for using old technology.
- Objectives: Kate’s declaration clearly specifies the group was unable to achieve its goals or due dates for this task.
- Remove John
- Dissolve the group, tasks out other group members, giving them the opportunity to function properly in a new environment.
- Choose an effective leader, someone who has a proven track record of excellent leadership function.
The recommendations should be that the new leader should be briefed about the problems, should have a grasp of the issues and should have a proven record of leadership skills. The new leader should have adequate training with leadership skills. Maybe, the new leader should be temporarily shadowed by other leaders, so that it is proven he is showing the proper leadership skills to accomplish the goals and deadlines that are need to be achieved.
Cite this essay
The OD Letter Case Analysis Form. (2016, Nov 23). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/the-od-letter-case-analysis-form-essay