Continuing Case: Carter cleaning company: The new Training program
1. What specifically should the company cover in their new employee orientation program, and how should they convey this information?
– Information on employee benefits
– Personnel policies
– The daily routine
– Company organization and operations
– Safety measures and regulations
– Facilities tour
A successful orientation should accomplish four things for new employees:
1. Make them feel welcome and at ease.
2. Help them understand the organization in a broad sense.
3. Make clear to them what is expected in terms of work and behavior.
4. Help them begin the process of becoming socialized into the firm’s ways of acting and doing things.
2. Which specific training techniques should Jennifer use to train his pressers, cleaner-spotters, managers, and counter staff, and why ? Answer:
1. For the pressers and cleaner-spotters should be trained using On- the- job training : Coaching / Understudy Approach.
2. Managers should first receive Off- the – job training , -lectures: about the products used and equipments, -Management Games : to develop problem-solving skills, planning, leadership and cooperation.
-Behavior Modeling technique : to ensure the manager’s ability to practice the required job behaviors and how to deal with different situations.
3.Counter staff should be provided with : -Job instruction training : to provide step-by-step, key points and basic tasks training . -Behavior Modeling technique : to provide the employees’ with the abilities, skills and knowledge to practice the required job behaviors as well as to be able to deal with different types of customers’.
Cite this page
The New Training Program for the Carter Cleaning Company. (2016, Feb 27). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/the-new-training-program-for-the-carter-cleaning-company-essay