The Learning Sciences Design Committee Essay
The Learning Sciences Design Committee
The Learning Sciences Design Committee at a local college is researching different factors that affect the design of a new student study lounge. Before making recommendations, members will present brief reports. As a member of the committee, your research is about the role music can play in various campus environments. You fine-tune your report in Word.
Download the following file from the SAM website:
Open the file you just downloaded and save it with the name: IL_Word2013_UD_P1a_FirstLastName_2.docx
Hint: If you do not see the .docx file extension in the Save file dialog box, do not type it. Word will add the file extension for you automatically. With the file IL_Word2013_UD_P1a_FirstLastName_2.docx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in the footer. If the footer does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
1. Change the document margins to Moderate.
2. Change the Citation & Bibliography Style to MLA Seventh Edition. 3. Add a header to the document using the Blank format. Insert the text Music & Behavior, insert a space, then insert a page number using the Plain Number format (1st option in the Current Position gallery). 4. Move the insertion point before the word “Retailers” in the paragraph that begins “Retailers, health care professionals, and educational institutions…”, then insert a continuous section break. 5. Format the section below the heading “How music affects behavior” into two columns. (Hint: The section containing the columns should end before the “Perception of Time Spent Shopping” heading at the top of the second page.)
6. At the top of the second column of text, move the insertion point after the period in the sentence “It is worth emphasizing that…could prove problematic.”, then insert the citation shown in Figure 1 below.
Figure 1: Web Citation
7. Edit the citation to add the page number 2.
8. Move the insertion point after the period in the sentence “As the following table demonstrates…in a variety of settings.”, then insert a footnote with the following text: 500 students surveyed.
9. Format the table beginning with “While cooking…” using the Grid Table 6 Colorful – Accent 6 table style. 10. Select the first column in the table and center-align the text. 11. Select the table and resize it using the AutoFit Window option. 12. On page two, move the insertion point to the blank line below the heading “Perception of Time Spent Shopping”. Insert a table with 3 columns and 5 rows.
13. Type the data from Table 1 below into the table you just created.
Table 1: Perception of Time Spent Shopping
14. Format the table using the Grid Table 4 – Accent 6 table style. 15. Move the insertion point to the blank line below the table on page two and insert a page break to create a new page three. 16. Move the insertion point to the top of the new page three and insert a Bibliography using the built-in Works Cited style from the Bibliography gallery. 17. Check the Spelling & Grammar in the document to identify and correct any spelling errors. (Hint: You should find and correct at least 1 spelling error.)
Your document should look like the Final Figure on the following pages. Save your changes, close the document, and exit Word. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.