Pages 4 (812 words)
Inventor : UFactory (company)
Background of the Invention : When hearing the word “robot”, most of us may think of the giant industrial robot arms . They can precisely install the components at a very high speed, or handle many complex, even dangerous tasks . Robots are awesome, and wouldn’t it be nice if everybody who wants a robot arm can actually afford one? After all, $ 50 ,000 is kind of a lot of money . This is when we, the UFactory come in . UFactory stands for “Your Factory” .
We build various robotics products to make robots more accessible for everyone!
That’s why we started the uArm project – a desktop miniature robot arm .uARM Swift Pro
Special Features of the Robot :
- High grade desktop robotic arm which are developed for makers and STEAM education purposes . built around the Arduino Mega 2560 , the uArm is open -source and DIY friendly . The uArm Swift Pro supports visual programming, Arduino , Python, GRABCAD and ROS programming as well as modules such as OpenMV camera, Seeed Grove Sensors and more .
- Comes with multiple extension ports with which you can expand its functions by changing end – effector and adding sensor modules, which include ; laser CNC head, 3 D printing head, Vision Camera Kit and drawing pen .
- Offline learning mode requires no coding experience or complicated assembling . You simply need to power it on, press record, teach it what to do by physically moving the arm .
Inventor: UBTECH Robotics
Background of the invention: Lynx combines the latest advancements in robotic technology with the ever – expanding skills of Amazon Alexa to bring you the smart home companion of the future.
Special Features of the Robot:
- His cheery voice -responsive robot can do everything to give you reminders to show you livestream feeds of content.
- Have a conversation with your personal robot, ask for music and listen to your favorite tunes
- Receive notifications regarding business meetings or tasks you need to complete. This robot is so intelligent
- Lynx can even lead you through yoga and exercise routines, and it’s pretty adorable watching this little guy strike a yoga pose.
- Humanoid robot complete with a security cam
Inventor: Victor Scheinman
Background of the Invention: Victor
Scheinman invented Stanford Arm in 1969 for making the jobs of people easily but later it was developed in 1973 for more purposes like bringing materials in places, typing in computer, holding materials and a lot more. It was said that it was like a “”3rd Arm”” that people can rely on when things aren’t that handy anymore.
- This stanford arm helps you get things easily like a normal person but its downside is it cannot hold heavy materials.
- This arm helps you type fastly in computer for it has a controller and a system that you can program in times of need.
- You can also use this arm as your extra arm for work when you need to meet a lot of deadlines. It’s main purpose is to help people do their jobs easily and to make this extra fast.
Date Invented: November 15, 2013
Inventor: The Dr. Yangas Colleges Inc. (DYCI) high school team
Background of the invention: Robots that can take care of an entire rice field, go underwater to provide a view of the reefs and prevent ships from running aground. Special features These robots, which were showcased during the finals of the 12th Philippine Robotics Olympiad, are all made by high school and elementary students in the Philippines. The Dr. Yangas Colleges Inc.
(DYCI) high school team, which created an entire set of robots aimed at taking care of the Banaue Rice Terraces, won first place and is set to defend its championship in the 2013 World Robotics Olympiad in Jakarta, Indonesia on November 15.
- The team created three robots called ProTek , ProGrow , and ProTrek , in accordance with the competition’s theme of Promotion and Protection of World Heritage.”
- ProGrow , a remote controlled drone with a camera, is capable ofgo ng around muddy fields watering plants, sprinkling fertilizer and even testing the soil’s quality.
- ProTek is another remote controlled drone equipped with a camera and headlights that can keep away pests from fields by emitting ultrasonic waves up to a 200 meter radius. It also has a robotic arm that can take samples of plants and a weather vane to measure wind speed that sends an alert when it reaches dangerous levels that can adversely affect the plants.
- ProTek is also capable of remotely controlling a separate robotic irrigation dam so that the water level will not go down in the fields.
- The third robot is a robotic backpack called ProTrek that is equipped with lights, navigation equipment, a polaroid camera, first aid kit, and a tracker that can pinpoint its location.
- All three robots are connected to a control center where the video feed from their cameras can be seen. This is also where the readings of the instruments are displayed.