Technical Certificate unit worksheet Essay
Technical Certificate unit worksheet
1. Explain how a working relationship is different from a personal relationship (1.1.1)
A working relationship is where you are placed with other people and work as part of a team, where each individual is working following professional codes of practise, towards the achievement of shared aims and objectives. You do not necessarily have to like the people you work with but you need to keep personal opinions and feelings to yourself. Mutual respect and understanding is a key factor in developing a good working relationship.
A personal relationship is a relationship formed through choice, with someone you like, who you share interests and feelings with. In personal relationships there isn’t any set rules or procedures to follow and you are able to voice your opinions.
2. Describe different working relationships in health and social care settings (1.1.2)
There are many different relationships in health and social care settings, these include relationships between careers and service users, careers and other health care professionals, such as GP’s and nurses, careers and service users families and between colleagues and managements. For each of these you will develop a different type of working relationship, but you should always remain professional.
3. Describe why it is important to adhere to the agreed scope of the job role (2.2.1)
It’s important to adhere to agreed scope of your job role as you have agreed with your job description within your contract, so it’s your legal obligation to work within it. By following your job role you are working alongside your company’s policies and procedures and giving the best quality of care you can.
4. Outline what is meant by agreed ways of working (2.2.2)
Agreed ways of working means that all care workers should work in accordance with policies and procedures, roles and responsibilities within job descriptions which their employees have set out.
5. Explain the importance of full and up-to-date details of agreed ways of working (2.2.3)
It’s important so that care homes or environments are run in accordance with legislations. So staff adhere to agreed standards and regulations at all times. It also means that service users will not be put at any risk.
6. Explain why it is important to work in partnership with others (3.3.1)
It’s important to form professional relationships with team members, colleagues, other professionals as well as individuals and their families in order to promote effective communication and effective ways of sharing accurate information. It will help to give service users the best possible care as everyone will be clear on each service user’s needs, wishes and preferences
7. Identify ways of working that can help improve partnership working (3.3.2)
We can improve partnership working through effective communication and information sharing. By working as a team and having regular staff meetings, with colleagues and other health care professionals.
8. Identify skills and approaches needed for resolving conflicts (3.3.3)
You should try to handle conflict situations by remaining calm, ending the conflict before it escalates and remaining respectful of others. You should try to demonstrate active listening and discuss the situation in a calm and rational manner to try and resolve the conflict.
9. Explain how and when to access support and advice about: (3.3.4) a.partnership working- you can get support and advise from other colleagues, your manager, supervisor or other external agencies such as CQC. b. resolving conflicts- it’s always worth trying to resolve conflict with the individual, but if you can’t then you should speak to your manager. Further issues can be address with HR who can offer you support on resolving conflict and may offer you mediation services to help you with this.
Once you have completed, your Learning Advisor will be able to cross reference all knowledge into Unit 4222-206 of the diploma
Patricia Whyte – LA- Qube Learning