Tata Motor opportunities Essay
Tata Motor opportunities
1. http://www.slideshare.net/sc09b093/swot-analysis-tatamotors 2. The Nano could sell well in other geographic markets. Expanding markets such as China may find the Nano just the answer Jaguar and Land Rover provide Tata with an opportunity to establish itself in the luxury segment (http://www.businessgrowthconsultant.com/swot-analysis/swot-analysis-of-tata-motors) 3. In the summer of 2008 Tata Motor’s announced that it had successfully purchased the Land Rover and Jaguar brands from Ford Motors for UK £2.3 million. Two of the World’s luxury car brand have been added to its portfolio of brands, and will undoubtedly off the company the chance to market vehicles in the luxury segments. 4. Tata Motors Limited acquired Daewoo Motor’s Commercial vehicle business in 2004 for around USD $16 million.
5. Nano is the cheapest car in the World – retailing at little more than a motorbike. Whilst the World is getting ready for greener alternatives to gas-guzzlers, is the Nano the answer in terms of concept or brand? Incidentally, the new Land Rover and Jaguar models will cost up to 85 times more than a standard Nano! 6. The new global track platform is about to be launched from its Korean (previously Daewoo) plant. Again, at a time when the World is looking for environmentally friendly transport alternatives, is now the right time to move into this segment? The answer to this question (and the one above) is that new and emerging industrial nations such as India, South Korea and China will have a thirst for low-cost passenger and commercial vehicles. These are the opportunities.
However the company has put in place a very proactive Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) committee to address potential strategies that will make is operations more sustainable. 7. The range of Super Milo fuel efficient buses are powered by super-efficient, eco-friendly engines. The bus has optional organic clutch with booster assist and better air intakes that will reduce fuel consumption by up to 10%.(3-7 , http://www.marketingteacher.com/swot/tata-motors-swot.html#) 8. The nano is the cheapest mass produced car in the world. This gives the manufacturer a vast emerging market to sell products with little competition. (http://www.wikiwealth.com/swot-strength:nano-car)
Tata swot in brazil
1. The Brazilian market is, in many ways, a peculiar one. Through the early-1990s, large and luxury cars were dominated–reflecting an economy with deep poverty and a well-entrenched elite. The government then kicked off demand for smaller cars by creating the “Popular Car” programme, which targeted entry-level buyers with stripped down models such as the original Volkswagen Beetle. Within a few years, such small and basic cars came to top the sales charts. (http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2012/10/brazils-car-industry)
2. With Brazil’s economy growing rapidly, cities have become increasingly clogged by traffic—and, as in China, affluent buyers no longer accept “cast-offs”, the decades-old models that global makers used to sell in backwater economies. Consumers want the latest and greatest, and competition is forcing carmakers to comply, often by developing offerings for Brazil. And even cars not specifically designed for the Brazilian market must be adapted: ethanol is the fuel of choice for many Brazilians (the government is encouraging its production from abundant sugar cane crops in order to hold down expensive oil imports).(applicable if nano is using ethanol) (http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2012/10/brazils-car-industry)
1. Long-time automotive industry officials recall a previous investment boom, a dozen years back, that led to overcapacity and a collapse of profits. The same could happen once again if the government cuts down on consumer incentives that have been propping up automotive demand, (http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2012/10/brazils-car-industry)
Subject: Tata Motors,
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 5 November 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Tata Motor opportunities
for only $16.38 $13.9/page