Scholastic Corporation Essay
Hi! I would like to welcome you and your child to Third Grade! I am excited to have an opportunity to be an important part of your child’s education.
Third grade is an important step in your child’s education. It consists of many new tasks and skills for your child. They are required to think more critically and work more independently. My goal is to guide and instruct your child so that he/she will be fully prepared for fourth grade. In order to accomplish this, teamwork is critical. My role as teacher for your child is to provide daily instruction, meaningful class work and homework assignments, and to provide a stimulating environment and opportunities for success.
To ensure that the opening of school goes smoothly, we would like to bring your attention to activities and procedures that are important to the third grade level.
All toys are to stay AT HOME unless specifically requested by teachers. Any materials (including clothing) should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Organization and Homework
To assist your child in developing good organizational skills, the following routines are necessary: 1. Review and sign all homework and planner nightly.
2. Work is to be completed in pencil only unless otherwise stated.
3. Homework is written, by your child daily, in their agenda. Check off work completed and initial planner nightly.
4. Homework is an opportunity to practice material learned in the classroom to the level of mastery. In order for us to maintain daily
contact, we ask that you check your child’s homework daily for accuracy and understanding. Do not sign homework or planner unless you have checked over homework and are sure it has been completed.
5. Take Home Folder: Your child will be bringing home a folder every night. The homework folder should be cleaned out nightly and only papers that need to be returned to school should be left in the folder.
6. I will try to make homework free weekends. There may be times when this isn’t possible, but I will do my best to make this happen.
7. All homework assignments are due on the following day. If your child forgets their homework or planner, they will have to miss noon recess to complete assignments. If your child forgets to get homework or planner signed they will have to miss 10 minutes of recess. (1/2 recess). Your child will not be allowed to call home for forgotten homework.
Reading will be a part of daily homework. Your child needs to read at least 20 minutes each night. A portion of this time may be spent reading aloud to a parent and discussing content. Vocabulary Lists and Spelling Lists will be sent home for your child to study for that week’s story. Please review them nightly.
Math will also be a part of daily homework. Your child will complete side B of the fact practice and written practice nightly.
Scholastic Book Orders
Make checks payable to: Scholastic Books. More than one book order may be sent home at one time, return a slip for each catalog that you want to order from however, one check may be written for all.
If you have books that your child has outgrown or no longer reads, send them
to school and I will get them to the appropriate classrooms.
Parent Teacher Communication
Please feel free to call me at school or home at any reasonable time. You can also email me at school or “friend” me on facebook and send private messages.
School – 886-2251 Available times: 8:00 a.m.,
School email – [email protected]
Home – 822-3272
Cell – 886-4077
Subject: Educational years,
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 23 October 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Scholastic Corporation
for only $16.38 $13.9/page