Scavenger Hunt Essay
1. What is the instructor’s name (spelling counts)? Where did the instructor go to college? The instructor’s name is Jane Smith.
2. What is the instructor’s email address to be used for questions and submission of projects?
3. What day(s) of each week are Chapter homework assignments always due? Chapter homework assignments are always due on Thursdays and Sundays. Furthermore, discussions are due every Tuesday.
4. What is the time deadline (hour:minutes, AM or PM) for the Portal assignments to be submitted? Homework is due at 10 PM.
5. On Canvas, under Navigating the Portal, what are the two Cautions that are listed? The portal times out after 2 hours so students need to save their homework as they go along to ensure their progress isn’t lost. Students shouldn’t use their mouse ball to scroll down the page because it may lead them to the last answer of a different section.
6. What are the days, dates, times and room numbers of all of the tests held on campus? The second exam is on Wednesday February 20th in room N201. It will be from 5:30-7:30 pm. The final exam is on Monday March 18th in room R110. It will be from 5:30-7:30 pm.
7. What are the three projects and when are they due (day, date, and time)? The first is the Data Analysis project which is due on January 26th, 2013 at 10 PM. The second project is the Correlation and Regression project due on February 16th, 2013 at 10 PM.
8. How should the projects be submitted? Be specific about the requirements. The projects should be submitted by email to [email protected] In the subject line, students must include their name and the title of the project. None of the projects can be submitted through canvas.
9. What is the last day (date) to withdraw from this course with a “W” printed on your transcript? Please tell both the date for in-person withdrawal and the date for online withdrawal. The last day to withdraw from this course with a “W” on your transcript is February 15th, 2013 in person and February 17th, 2013 online.
10. What do you do if you can’t take a test on campus? Be very specific about the process, the possibilities for proctors, and when the test must be taken. Students who are unable to take a test on campus need to alert the instructor at least 10 days before the test, and must have a proctor and suitable location. Proctors may be part of the Bellevue College staff, clergy, etc. Under no circumstances can a proctor be a family member. Without 10 days notice, students are expected to be on campus on the day of the test. Proctored exams must be administered the day of, or before, the test is given.
11. Two quizzes will be given. What is the due date and time for each quiz and which chapters are being tested for each? From the time that you open the quiz, how many minutes to do you have to submit the quiz? The first quiz is on February 17th and covers chapters 1-13. The second is on March 17th and covers chapters 1-19. We are given 60 minutes to complete each quiz.
12. Locate the calculator instructions on Canvas for computing a normal distribution and compute the following: normalcdf(129, 148, 132, 12), rounding appropriately to 4 decimal places. The answer is 0.5075.
13. Examine the Chapter 14 Homework on the Portal. List the 4 steps involved in doing a hypothesis test?
1. State the alternative and null hypothesis.
2. State the type of test administered, such as a z-test or t-test. Then, give the value of the test statistic (T=____ or Z= ____)
3. State the P value and alpha level.
4. Use two sentences for the conclusion. In the first sentence, state whether or not you reject the null hypothesis. In the second sentence, state what the test measured.
14. What is the phone number for the Stats Portal Help Line? The phone number is 1-800-936-6899
15. Canvas contains study questions for each chapter. Locate the study questions for chapter 4 – what is the answer to #1? The answer is: r=.9314
16. How many submissions are allowed for Exercises? How many submissions are allowed for Post Tests? Two submissions are allowed for exercises and only one submission is allowed for post-tests.
17. How many points will you receive on the Scavenger Hunt if get all questions correct. How many points will be deducted for each question missed?If all questions are correct, you receive 50 points. You lose 10 points for each incorrect answer.
18. Canvas contains practice exams and answers. What is the answer to question 6 on the Chapters 1, 2 and 3 practice exam? The answer is:
Mean=120; Standard Deviation=8
19. On Canvas, Navigating Stats Portal gives you helpful information about the Portal site. What should you do if you are taking longer than 2 hours to complete an exercise? You should save your answers periodically so that they do not get erased.
20. If you find that you are struggling to understand the material in this course, name four resources that BC or the instructor offers to help you be successful in the course. Four resources available are the math lab, Stats Tutors, Applets, Crunch It, and Statistical Videos.
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 10 October 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Scavenger Hunt
for only $16.38 $13.9/page