Samsung Electronics Marketing Essay
Samsung Electronics Marketing
Samsung Electronics (Mobile Division) operates in one of the most competitive markets of the world. According to the US Federal Communication Commission 67 new Smartphone devices are introduced every year. Samsung traditionally had a conservative image that focused on low-price products for the lower end of the market. With low prices it was able to compete in the lower-market whereas in the upper market it had lesser penetration. To penetrate the upper-market Samsung had to give up their lower-market position and focus on innovation and perceiving a higher brand value.
It has Samsung Guru Segment for rural areas as well as Galaxy segment for urban areas. Samsung is one of the largest manufacturers of mobile phones and it shares the highest cell phone customers with Nokia in India. It has something for everyone.
– Targeting urban youth with many handsets.
– Built in mobile features like 3G, wifi, GPS different operating systems. – Price range RS 1000 and above.
– It has a better brand image in rural market.
– Samsung recently tied up with the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative. (IFFCO0 for rural telephony. – Special applications for rural market.
– Hinglish Messaging.
– Price range 1000-5000
60 and above
Price Rs 1000-10000
Family Size: – 1-2, 3-4, 5+ members
– All categories except Samsung Pink Phones.
– Specially designed Samsung Pink Phones e.g Samsung B3310 pink, F48o Tocco pink, J700 pink, U900 Soul pink, L770 pink, U600 pink, G600 pink and F480 Tocco. Social class: Middle class (Youth), Upper class (businessman) Lower class (workers)
Samsung came with some so fancy mobile phones specially for girls and cheaper touch screen stylish phones so that everyone can enjoy touch screen The rate of normal mobiles. Samsung has its range of mobile phones start from 1200to 32,000+.
– offers various operating systems like Android, Windows Mobile for customers to choose for. -excellent after sales service having service centers in all over India. – functions rich phones atlow price, e.g Samsung GT- 3213
-Samsung App store
– Samsung has good mouth publicity
High Techno Savvy
– Samsung provides latest technologies for it’s high techno savvy customers. Low techno Savvy
– Samsung provides various mobiles for low techno savvy customers like essential phones.
– Good brand image form other electronic products.
– Value for Money Product
– Many service centers across India.
Price 1000 – 5000
Price 5000 – 15000
Price 15000 – 35000
After segmenting the market based on the different groups and classes, the targets need to be chosen. Samsung mobiles have the following target customers:
Trendy young people.
The common cellular phone users.
Organizations such as: services to public safety, the government, and both utility and manufacturing enterprises.
Institutional sales for colleges.
Target is not only number driven but also about acquiring and retaining customers.
Positioning is about the customer perception about the brand as being different from the other brands on specific dimension including product attributes. The strategies adopted by Samsung to position itself in the Mobile Phone market are as follows: It focuses more on the real margin which comes from mid-to-high-end segments Samsung Concept Store
Market making & category creation in small towns
Wider Care Network
Access to Samsung care line
Pioneering in the 3G segment of mobile phones.
Branded itself as a synonym for quality.
Created a Unique Brand Image for itself as a high end value driven brand.