Paper type: Review Pages: 2 (370 words)
1. What are club drugs? What are some of the factors that support the use of club drugs? Club drugs are synthetic drugs that are typically used in bars, nightclubs, raves, and other gatherings, some factors that support the use of these are the setting of raves and nightclubs.
2. What are screening tests? Why are they used?
Screening tests are nonspecific and help a forensic scientist identify several particular drugs that the substance is likely to be, these tests are used to narrow possibilities and eliminate others.
3. What are color tests? Why are these tests used?
Color tests are test that use a chemical reagent to the drug and observing whether or not the material changes color, these tests are used to show the screening of drugs but not specifically.
4. What are microcrystalline tests? What information do they provide? Microcrystalline tests involve exposing the substance to a reagent and then examining the color and morphology of the crystals that form. This test can be done quickly and the drug does not need to be separated from any other substances that it is with.
5. What is spectrophotometry? How can this be useful in identifying drugs? Spectrophotometry tests use UV lights to distinguish drugs from one another. Because different drugs react differently to the UV light, it helps identify them.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why are forensic scientists an important part of drug cases? Forensic scientists are an important part of drug cases because they help discover the drugs at the sight, and what drug it may be, using multiple tests. If someone possesses a drug forensics can prove whether they in fact did possess drugs. They can also test to see in a person is under the influence of a drug. 2. If you were a forensic scientist and you were called to a crime scene to see if drugs were present, what would you do to determine this? I would first do a color test, and then a spectrophotometry test, because all drugs have a different reaction to the UV light. 3. Why is it important for forensic scientists to have as much information as possible about the place where a possible drug substance was found?
Cite this page
Review Questions. (2016, Apr 27). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/review-questions-essay