1. Executive Summary
This business plan for R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store has been created by an ESN to secure additional funding for growth and to inform retailers and consumers of the current status and direction. R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store is a new company that is launching in Houston, Texas. The company anticipates great demand for its product, and research shows that the target market of families and plus size girls would like to buy the product line that R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store offers.
R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store is also interested in extending their product line with new creative additions and plans to explore opportunities for online selling. The marketing environment has been very receptive to the company’s high quality products. In the future, R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store looks to increase its distribution, offer new products, and win new customers.
Goals Definition Statement
This proposal design project will be the first major strategic design that we will apply to our original concept and designs. The design will consist of girls plus size designs, accessories of all colors and patterns to match clothing. Our goal is to create trendy designs of clothing and accessories that will consist of tops, pants, outerwear, active wear, shoes, under garments, purses, and accessories. R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store fashions will provide a high quality product where the image is recognizable among the young fashion conscience consumers. It will create a sense of community among plus size girls and their families who purchase the product.
Goals that address our mission:
The major focus of this project is to seek to be the leading brand of quality clothing for plus size girls by offering clothing designed with them in mind. * Provide plus size girls with the most dynamic clothing line where styles are contemporary, trendy and just as fashionable as their counterparts. * Clothing creating a boost of self-esteem and an opportunity to show how proud they are to be plus size girls. Goals that address self-sustainment:
With this project in place we expect to:
* To gain maximum market share over the first five years * To track cost and find ways of lowering them to make our product more competitive in the market place * To analyze the advertising dollars spent
* Develop a successful Internet site, while maintaining strong relationships with retailers * Introduce two new product lines—customized logo clothing and accessories
* Performance: Looking forward at our five year plan, we expect this new design to provide revenue. The expected amount of revenue the company wishes to make annually is $80,000. A market survey will be conducted so that we will see how our product will place values with our consumers. * Cost Estimate: Designing plans include, materials, manufacturers, distribution, which expected estimate could be $120,000 on an annual basis. * Total Project Cost: $400,000.00
* Schedule: Project duration expected to be five years
* To have a plus size girls clothing store, within 9 months and at a start up cost not to exceed $400,000.00. DELIVERABLES
Plus size girls clothing pattern accessories that will be available at the R.E.A.L. Girlz Stores and through the company website are expected to include:
* Cell Phone Covers
* Tablet Covers
Project Name:R.E.A.L. Girlz Clothing Store
Project Manager:Ella Curl
Project Objective: To have a plus size girls clothing store, within 9 months and at a start up cost not to exceed $400,000.00. Deliverables:The store will have:
* POS system
* Security cameras
* Package that will provide backup process for POS Systems
* Package that will provide backup process for IT
POS systems will have the capabilities to ring up sales even before adding inventory, barcode scanning, customer reward options, and customer mass email options. It will also allow for employees to sign in and show inventory management, purchasing/receiving and reports.
LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS
Manufacturers reserve the right to contract the R.E.A.L. Girlz Store and are responsible for work done by sub contractors. Distributors reserve the right and are responsible for all shipments of product through third party shipping companies. R.E.A.L. Girlz Store website is accessible from Sunday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. EST to 10:00 p.m. EST. The POS systems will have access to QuickBooks Accounting but not QuickBooks Pro. GiftLogic software is sold separately.
Work Breakdown Structure
The following Work Breakdown Structure or WBS Gantt Chart provides a snapshot of the project and indicates that the project objectives will be performed by both internal and external project team members. It is important that it is understood and agreed upon by all stakeholders that this is considered a time-constrained project. The risks that could affect this time-constrained structure will be discussed in the following section.
The following chart is the Net Diagram of the project task. This diagram shows all the relationship between the tasks, and the critical path. It shows any changes of the tasks and the outcome of the project.
Risk Management Plan
The following are a list of risks that might cause the project delays or failures with their respective outcomes (see numerical list below). The four risks that are in orange bold are key risks that appear in the Risk Assessment Table. 1) Getting approved business loan: This could cause a delay if the owner is unable to get an approved loan to establish the business.
2) Meeting criteria to get business license: This could delay the project if the owner doesn’t have the proper documents to get license for the business. 3) Lack of Infrastructure Availability: This is the lack of having a designated building within the city’s own infrastructure, whereas, the product will have to be produced in a different area leaving the risk of increase in the cost and project completion time.
4) Natural Disaster: This risk could cause the project to be hault due to any unexpected weather conditions such as hurricane, tornado, etc. that may occur. 5) Incorrect Product Design: This could delay the product if the product is not designed according to the requested specifications of the customers. 6) Website Crash: In dealing with internet based customers if the website were to have technical difficulties, this risk could delay the product from customers who shop solely by website ordering.
7) Manufacturers Delay: This risk includes the possibility of the manufacturer being able to produce the product on time, which could delay the production time by way of any issues incurring at the manufacturer center. Such as lack of employees to help get the product produce. 8) Distributers untimely shipment: The risk here is found if the distribution center is unable to or there is a delay in shipment arrival by required date, due to time disruption of some sort by way of backorder, etc.
9) Project Manager has personal matter: This could delay the project if the manager has a personal matter such as death of an immediate family member. 10) Product misplacement: This risk can occur due to shipping agency shipping the product to the wrong address, or address information is miscommunicated.
The following is an assessment of these risks in terms of the probability of project occurrence and the negative cost impact of project outcomes. Risk analysis attempts to quantify the severity of the impact of an identified risk event. The probability is subject to change.
For each risk, we have determined the action that will be taken in an event this risk should occur. The following will take place, either accept, reduce or transfer the risk. The Risk Response Table identifies a brief contingency plan for the risks that have been identified.