You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Sylvia Pratt
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
The two different information technologies used are:
2. Word Processing
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
Spreadsheet provides accurate calculation
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to specific examples from research tasks you have worked on to support your answer.
2. Identify the different ways of researching, organising and reporting information.
3a) For your own organisation (or one you know well), describe the procedures that need to be followed when archiving, retrieving and deleting information. Your answer should cover procedures for both electronic and paper-based information.
3b) When following the procedures outlined in Question 3a above, are there any legal requirements to consider?
4. Why is confidentiality critical when managing information?
Section 3 – Understand the purpose of producing documents that are fit for purpose
1. Identify at least two reasons for producing documents that are fit for purpose.
2. Use the table below to describe some of the different types and styles of documents that are produced in a business environment, and then explain when these different options may be used.
When they are used
Section 4 – Know the procedures to be followed when producing documents
1. In most organisations, time is taken to agree the purpose, content, layout, quality standards and deadlines for the production of documents. What are the reasons for doing this level of planning?
2. Businesses will spend time checking finished documents for accuracy and correctness.
a) How is this done?
b) Why is this done?
3. Explain the purpose of following confidentiality and data protection procedures when preparing documents.
4. In business environments, there is often a requirement to use notes as the basis for text and documents.
a) Compare the different types of documents that can be produced from notes and include a description of the format of each document.
b) Explain the procedures to be followed when preparing text from notes.
Once you have completed all 4 Sections of this Assessment, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your work to your tutor for marking.
Cite this page
Principles of managing information and producing documents. (2016, Mar 11). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/principles-of-managing-information-and-producing-documents-essay