We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Population Essay

Essay Topic:

Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!

The growing world population and its impact on the ecosystem.

The growing world population:

At the present the world population is nearly 6.7 billion, estimated in the year 2008. Among them the one third of the world’s total population lives in China and India together. China has 1,369 millions of population which is 19.84% of the world’s population. While India on the other hand, has 1,201 millions of population which is 16.96% of the world population. Together they have 36.80% of the whole world’s population.

After them comes the turn of United States, Indonesia, and Brazil.

The remarkable increase in the world population occurred during the 20th century. The reason behind was the incredible progress in the medical facilities available to the people which in turn decreased the mortality rate. In the coming future the tables are going to turn as the population in Europe is estimated to decrease from 12.2per 100 in 1999 to 7.0 per 100 in 2050. While on the other hand, the African population will increase for 12.

8 per hundred in 1999 to 19.8 per hundred in 2050. A little decrease in the growth rate in the population of Asian countries is also expected up to 1% till 2050.

The highest growth rate of population was observed in the year 1963, which was the 2.2% per year, which was the peak rate of growth of all times. The world population, on its current growth trajectory, is expected to reach nearly 9 billion by the year 2042.

The impact of the growing world population:

The Ecology is getting affect severely due to rise in human population. Actually the rise in human population has resulted in deforestation of wild areas, which has badly affected flora and fauna. The natural resources are being used by the humans for their personal benefits resulting in the decrease in the forest areas and extinction of various kinds of plants and trees.

Similar is the case with the fauna. That is with the decrease in the size of forest, animals are left with no other choice than to move in the human areas. Due to this reason only animals are easily made targets by the hunters and even face accidents at the highways.


With the increase in the human population not only the animals, natural resources but the humans themselves find themselves hard to live and compete in the world sometimes for shelter, clothing and even food sometimes.

You may also be interested in the following: overpopulation in the philippines essay

How to cite this page

Choose cite format:

Population. (2016, Nov 09). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/population-essay

We will write a custom sample essay onPopulationspecifically for you

for only $16.38 $13.90/page
Order now

Our customer support team is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. If you contact us after hours, we'll get back to you in 24 hours or less.

By clicking "Send Message", you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. We'll occasionally send you account related and promo emails.
No results found for “ image
Try Our service

Hi, I am Sara from Studymoose

Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Click to learn more https://goo.gl/CYf83b


Hi, I am Sara from Studymoose

Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Click to learn more https://goo.gl/CYf83b


Your Answer is very helpful for Us
Thank you a lot!