Outine Presentation Essay
I. According to a report by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations, India has the highest population of illiterate adults at 287 millions amounting to 37% of the global total. II. By using of some my research, I would like to share with all of you the topic that I interest which is the facts of illiteracy. III. Today, I would like to focus on three interrelated issues which are causes, effects, and prevention of illiteracy. (Transition: Now, let’s start by taking a closer look at the problem)
I. There are several different causes as to why illiteracy is such a problem in certain countries. A. About 29.8% of our population lies below the National Poverty Line which indicates they are do not have access to basic requirements of essential commodities including food and water. 1. Education is one of the luxuries that they cannot afford. 2. Mostly, majority of population in countries suffer from high percentage of illiteracy comes from poor people. 3. They will let their children to escape from school and go to labour for work to collect money and help them in life costs. B. Individual disabilities are person who has physical or mental conditions that do not allow them to educate themselves easily. 1. For example, a dyslexic child will find it hard to remember the letters of the alphabet and to interpret it. 2. A blind child also difficult for them to read without assistance. (Transition: Now, ladies and gentlemen I will explain my next point)
II. Illiteracy has given some effects towards countries and people involved. A. These can make the countries develop slowly.
1. As a result of illiteracy, people find it so difficult to have a job without the ability of reading or understanding simple documents.
2. Therefore, the illiterates become a burden of society causes to make the nation poorer. B. Illiteracy also effects on people in the society.
1. Illiterate parents cannot get good jobs to support their family and this will turn affects their lifestyle and their needs. 2. This also will lead to their children where their children get many of parents’ views and ideas to survive. 3. If parents do not feel that education is an important of success, these feelings will be carried over to their children. (Transition: As causes and effects of illiteracy, I will continue to discuss about how to prevent illiteracy)
III. We have to cooperate to clear this problem which is holding back. A. Parents play important roles to educate their children.
1. According to Kerka, 2003 learning styles, learning disabilities and life experience may all contribute to low academic achievement or problem behavior.
2. Parents need to educate their children at an early age, so their children do not fall behind in recognizing letters and words. B. Opening new modern training centers.
1. As we know, it is difficult for persons in their 40s to 60s to use the same educational method as used for children. 2. It is also to help individual disabilities to educate further.
3. By using technology and modern education theories helps everyone inside educational progress.
I. As we see, illiteracy is a social evil that shall encircle our country in darkness and downfall if not curbed. II. As you know, I have focused on causes, effects, and prevention of illiteracy. III. What I have mentioned before about Kajani should be take strict action to make sure they can be an educated person. IV. It is also to make sure the statics I tell before can be release.