Reflection, Pages 2 (295 words)
1. Describe a person you’ve encountered in the community who made a strong impression on you, positive or negative.
We met the men who were helping or overseeing the whole activity. Even though it was our job to help and dig holes and plant the trees they still started the job for us and helped also. They made a very positive impression on me. It inspired me that they really wanted to help the planet and put back what man has cut down.
2. Has the experience affected your worldview? How?
Yes. It has made me more aware that we need to take more care of our planet. And it made me realize that just a little help from a lot of people can make a big difference.
3. What did you do that seemed to be effective or ineffective in the community?
In this fieldwork i dont know if our attemps were affective or not because we havnt been back to see the results but i hope that the trees will grow and become healthy.
4. What are the most difficult or satisfying parts of your work? Why?
The most satisfying part of the work is knowing that i helped the planet and the lives of people who need the trees to make money. But the most difficult part was waking up early and walking up hills.
5. How are your values expressed through your community work?
Community work shows our love for our “kapwa” and for our surroundings. I was able to show that i respect and am thankful for what god has given us and that i want to take care of it.
6. If you could do the project again, what would you do differently?
I would plant more trees! :)