Modern Youth Subculture Essay
Modern Youth Subculture
Modern youth subcultures in the United States, Russia and Kyrgyzstan Culture –it is a certain whole system with its inner certainty of value-hierarchical relationships. There are a valuable dominant , or core of culture, and next to it a number of subcultural formations in any culture. The question arises(is) what the subculture is. It was assumed that subculture is a subsystem of the whole system of culture. But, there is no any well-established system of views on the appearance of subcultures nowadays. Every science interprets this concept and describes it from the point of their subject and methodology. Subculture usually a special case of culture in general. It is always different with its some localness and reticence to a certain extent, in varying degrees, is loyal to the value system of the dominant culture, although there are exceptions . Youth subculture is a special case of manifestations(display) of subculture in general. Epithet of “youth” immediately defines a cultural niche that is occupied by people united on the principle of age. In this case, the age – an important demographic characteristics.
The special psychology of age in culture is undeniably important, as it seriously influances the mentality and spirituality . Youth subculture is born and exists in connection with the specific needs of young people to socialize and at the same time to assert themselves actively. It was assumed(considered) that young people in the life of those rules and regulations, which were professed by their ancestors. Youth often characterized categorical judgments, perfectionism, rejection councils, their subordination existing burdens models of social development, they are characterized by dynamism, openness to the world, heightened emotionality, romantic aspirations, etc.. At the heart of youth subcultures there is a special way of relating to the world with its system of spiritual values. Youth subculture is a special way of life that is divided mainly living them directly or sympathizers.
Youth subculture – it is nothing but a form of self-expression of young people, expression of their goals in life: to change the world, their life, refuse from the social canons, approve alternative life attitude in relation to the(with) pre-existing etc . Public opinions about the different kinds of youth subcultures are different. Some people imagine it as any unusual behaviors of youth social “deviation”, imitating the West, idleness, and therefore subject to elimination. Others believe that young people are trying (let in somewhat exotic way) somehow to express himself, his attitude and say something about himself to society and because it borrows from its Western counterparts .
Having considered the youth subculture “hip-hop” in Russia and Kyrgyzstan, we can conclude that almost everything about this subculture, including its “language” is really borrowed from subcultures “hip-hop”which is originated USA. Subculture itself “hip-hop” includes murals – graffiti, unique in its plasticity dance – break dane, sports style dress and musical direction – rap (note that all three words – graffiti, rap and break dane – are also borrowed ). Hip-hop was the first music that best embodies(describes) the ideology and identity of contemporary African-American culture. Over the last decade within this subculture there has been formed its own fashion, significantly different from the traditional fashion of the white population, its own jargon and cultivated accentuation. It may illustrate many examples. – Befo I came up in the game these hoes didn’t show no love (From the song Mike Jones “Back Then”). Befo – before (as before).
– I don’t know bout cha (Usher & Alicia Keys “My boo”). Cha – from «you».it is pronounced and written in this way, when there is a word before this word and ends with consonant “t”. Bout – ob, about (of about).
Boo – boy (man) / girlfriend.
– It’s getting hot in herre (songs of Nelly “Hot in herre”). – These hoes wouldn’t give a damn if i heah (From the song Mike Jones “Back Then”). Herre / Heah – here (from here), pronounced «her».
– I wish I was lil bit taller (Song of Skee-Lo “I wish”). Lil-(from) -1) is a small, small (about the size) Small, 2) a little bit. – I could take in ya.
Shorty I could take you there.
Shorty come with me it’s no worry (From the song Sean Kingston “Take you there”). Shorty – girl (diminutives – baby, mainly used to refer to girls).
Ya, Ye – you (you).
There are a lot of such examples, they are all vividly illustrate the specialty of (features) American “hip-hop” slang and are actively studied by modern linguists. The Russian “hip-hop” Slang is no less interesting , abounding adapted loanwords from English. – chops good muddies … (Quote from a forum respecta.net / forum / index.php? Showtopic = 4225). Chops (from the English – beat) – rhythm, beat, beat.
– braza, you are wrong (Quote from a forum www.mtg.ru/forums/mymagic/topic99360.html). Braz (from the English. – Brother) – brother.
– . he never returned my cache, now no one ever loan (Quote from a forum forum.kingclub.ru / index.php? Action == printage; topic = 2502.0). Cache (from the English. – Cash) – money, cash.
– Center – hope rurepa … (Quote from a forum respecta.net / forum / index.php? Showtopic =: 3433). Rurep (from the English. – “Russian rap”) – Russian rap.
– I just wanted to say that we should not measure success Hayter (Quote from a forum izhhop.udm.ru/hip-hop/forum/archive/index.php/t- 541.html) Hayter (from the English. – Hater) – hater. Youth subcultures are the areas in which the influence of the cultures and languages of other countries play an important role. From the examples above we can conclude that the Americanisms “hip-hop” Slang influence Russian very much, and today it is impossible to imagine the existence of hip-hop culture in Russia and Kyrgyzstan without them. Interaction and mutual influence of cultures and subcultures are an integral part of the modern globalized life. Young people, being one of the most active segments of society, use modern means of communication, the possibility of unlimited access of information and the possibilities to borrow all the latest fashion trends in music, fashion, manner of communication and lifestyle. The problem- to keep (save) the identity and uniqueness of cultures and cultural diversity will remain as a relevant in this situation.