Managing Change Essay
You are required to write an essay supported with reference to the academic literature that answers the following question: • You have recently been appointed to your first management post following graduation. You are keenly aware that as part of your management role you will be responsible for managing change and anticipate drawing on your BM 6105 studies to help you achieve success in this area. Based on the theoretical perspectives covered during your module studies, what do you believe to be the critical factors that promote effective strategic change outcomes?
You need to:• Develop your answer into a paper that both discusses your chosen factors for success and justifies their selection. • Identify and research two organisations that have undergone a significant change process.
BM 6105 Assignment
Key questions you need to ask
1. Who are you in this report? 2. What ‘theoretical perspectives’ do you need to examine in the essay? 3. How can you define ‘effective strategic change’ based on what you have covered in your module? 4. What are the 4 critical factor areas which you could focus upon in your essay? How many critical factors should be in your report? 5. What 3 areas of the module do you need to review to answer your assignment? 6. How can you ‘identify two organisations that have undergone a significant change process’?
1. Who are you in this report? You are a recently appointed manager . As such, you need to integrate practical aspects into your discussion. 2. What ‘theoretical perspectives’ do you need to examine in the essay? You need to define ‘strategic change’ You need to discuss theories underpinning the four critical factors
3. How can you define ‘effective strategic change’ based on what you have covered in your module? Examine chapters 1 and 2. Then argue for what you perceive (believe) to be effective strategic change. You should also read and integrate some of the articles listed at the end of these chapters within your discussion.
5. What 3 areas of the module do you need to review to answer your assignment? Your module follows the core text book. It is important that you read Parts ONE, TWO and THREE of the text book BEFORE you attempt to write your essay. – Part One – The context and meaning of change (chp 1- 2) – Part Two – Changing Organisations (Chp 3 -6) – Part Three – Strategies for Managing Change (Chp 7-9)
4. What are the 4 critical factor areas which you could focus upon in your essay? How many critical factors should be in your report? i) Organisational structure and design – Chp 3 ii) Culture – Chp 4 iii) Politics and Conflict – Chp 5 iv) Leadership – Chp 6 At Least TWO factors should be in your report
• How can you ‘identify two organisations that have undergone a significant change? – You need to give supportive evidence comprising of actual organisational change, which have occurred as a result of any of the critical factors discussed in your essay. – These examples can be case studies which you have already discussed or are available from text books – Examples could also be obtained from online news sources such as Financial Times, The Economist, BBC etc.
BM 6105 Assignment layout
1. Suggest a title for this essay. 2. What different headings/sections will your essay have? 3. What sort of language will be used in each section? Can you use “I”?
1. Suggest a title for this report. An essay on effective strategic change in organisations: an analysis of critical factors Examining Critical Factors for promoting effective strategic change outcomes
2. What different headings/sections will your essay have? 1. Introduction 2. Defining organisational change 3. Critical factors and organisational change 4. Effective strategic change 5. Conclusion
3. What sort of language will be used in each section? Introduction • In this essay there will be… • This essay will… • This essay is going to… • This essay has been undertaken to… N.B. You cannot use “I”. You can use tables, figures, numbering for Sections in your essay.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 15 October 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Managing Change
for only $16.38 $12.9/page