Linguistics and Critical Appreciation Essay
Linguistics and Critical Appreciation
1. Give a critical appreciation of following poem:
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration ﬁnds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-ﬁxed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.
2. Show your acquaintance on one of the following:
b. Psycho-Analytical theory
c. feminist criticism
d. post colonialism
3. Write a brief note on T.S. Elliot as a critique or mention impersonal theory of elliot. 4. Evaluate Johnson’s estimate as a poet or Dr. Johnson as a biographical critique. 5. Mention Methew Arnold as a critique or touch stone method in “The Study Of Poetry”. Paper-6
Give a critical appreciation of following poems:
1. sailing to byzantium or The second coming
2. ambulance or To an unborn pauper child
3. Write the theme/title of the beloved
4. Character scatch of henchard or elizabeth jane (the mayor of caster bridge) 5. Mention in brief the theme of the justice.
1. The sexy
2. India our methorland
3. An introduction
4. Character scatch of chandram in The Bachelor of Arts
1. Write a brief note on historical linguistic.
2. Language is the system of systems. Discuss.
3. Write a critical note on Phoname Vs Allophones
4.Deﬁne language discuss the features of language
5. What is a consonant? Explain different consonants?
6. What is linguistic? What is the scope of linguistic?
7. Explain Synchronis and Dichronic/ Syntagmatic and paradigmatic
1. Write a note on T.G. Grammar
2. Explain basic and derived sentences
1. What is Socio linguistic? What is the scope of socio linguistic 2. Write a short notes on any two
A) Isoglosses B) Creole C) Sociolect D) Speech Community E) Diglossia F) Code Switching & Mixing