Leadership and Organizational Behavior Essay
Leadership and Organizational Behavior
• precisely defines your research topic and the need for studying it—what is the organizational issue and OB topical area that requires attention and further study • provides a research question to summarize the problem statement, however tentative it may be • explains the sources critical to your proposed research, demonstrating that they are adequate for your project Proposal Organization:
Your project proposal must include the following four labeled sections: Your Name (top of first page).
Organization. Give the name of the organization and very briefly describe it. If you are focusing on one department in the organization – tell which one and describe it briefly. Be sure to include a description of your role in the organization. Set the context for the problem statement.
Problem Statement. Identify and clearly state the problem—the leadership / management issue in which an element of the identified organization is not meeting expectations. The problem statement is usually phrased in terms of questions considerably more focused than the subject of the paper. End this section by stating the problem in the form of a question. For example, if a work group is not performing effectively, an effective problem statement might be, “How can group performance be improved?” rather than simply “Poor group performance.”
A well-formed problem statement has four main characteristics:
1. Unity – the problem statement articulates a single controlling idea. The idea may be complex and have several parts, but it should be one idea nevertheless.
2. Focus – the problem should be restricted and specific enough for the reader to gain a clear idea of the OB topical area and the direction of your study and research.
3. Structure – if the problem statement is sufficiently focused, it will provide a basis for decisions about which information to include and which to exclude from the paper.
4. Interest – the problem statement should sharpen the reader’s interest in the OB topical area of interest.
Research Plan. Provide an overview of what specific research/actions you will be taking on your problem statement. (surveys, journals, etc.). Do not be vague in this section. Note: Interviews are discouraged unless you secure management approval in advance.
Scholarly Sources. You are required to use scholarly sources for your course project. Stay away from textbooks as your primary source.
• Within DeVry University Library Services (link can be found within The HUB), you have access to EBSCOhost, which offers full-text access to articles in all subject areas. Within EBSCOhost, you can do an advanced search where you have the choice to search for only “scholarly (peer reviewed) journals”.
• You might also consider using the Google Scholar search engine.
The proposal is due at the end of Week 2.
Format of Your Proposal
• Header should include the title “Your Name Project Proposal” and the date
• Typically this is a one page document—if your need two pages, you are exceeding what is required for the proposal.
• Spell check / grammar check / proofread!
• Save your document in the following naming convention: “your last name first initial” Project Proposal.docx and leave it in the Week 2 Project Proposal Dropbox
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 2 December 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Leadership and Organizational Behavior
for only $16.38 $13.9/page