Lan-Base Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System Essay
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
Modernization changed our lifestyle. Technology improves us to spend time and spaces in remarkable ways. Due to rapid technological changes new things to produce better way of doing things through the help of technology. In our present life style people find way to improve their living day by day .This improvement was obviously seen in our modern technology, such modern machine, improvised gadgets, robotics and the most popular and widely influential is the modern computer. Modern computer helps people to lessen their work in such particular field of industry, particularly for those activities that requires computation storage of information presentation security and many uses of system software by the company, organization and in some aspect of educational areas.
One of these changes is through the use of LAN-Based Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System of Caltex Gasoline Station which is programmed automatically set the time and date employees log; so that the office assistant monitors the record and liable easily access the payments of the employees.
In the field of Information technology the knowledge in creating a LAN-Based Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System of the employees are one of the most important parts to keep a certain business stable also includes the monitoring of the employees and the payroll. The Owner can’t assure that his employee is arriving on time in Gasoline Station and he can’t also assure if the computation of the payroll is correct and accurate.
1.2.1 Background of the Study
The Caltex Techron Balite Merchandise started as a Federal Gasoline station in 2007. After three years Federal Gasoline Station experienced bankrupt because of the competition in other gasoline station. The owner of Federal Gasoline Station decided to sell the property of Federal Gasoline Station to Mr. Danny Reobeca to recover his investment.
In the year 2010 September 19, the Caltex Techron merchandising established in Barangay Balite. They started with sixteen (16) employees including (1) one manager, (1) one secretary, (2) two cashiers, and (12) twelve gasoline boys.
Nowadays, the Caltex Techron Merchandising has (4) four Gasoline Machines, (3) three Gasoline Tanker, (1) one storage room and (1) one office room. Caltex Techron Merchandising have now (33) thirty three employees including (1) one manager as the owner, (3) three office assistant, (3) three cashier, (2) two guards and (24) twenty four gasoline boys. The operation is 24 hours and has three shifting for gasoline boy and cashiers. First shift (6:00am-3:00pm), second shift (12:00pm-9:00pm), third shift(9:00pm-6:00am), (2) two shifting for the security guard, First shift (6:00am-6:00pm) and second shift (6:00pm-6:00am) while the manager and office assistant work 8 hours start 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The facilities of the Caltex Techron Merchandising are complete but proponents found out (2) problem. First, the attendance monitoring of the employee is manual like the traditional. Second, the exact computation of payroll of the employee is manual computation. They have an office assistant in the office room to manage the attendance monitoring and payroll of the employees. 1.2 Statement of the problem
1.2.1 General Problem
The Manual attendance and payroll of the employees in Caltex Techron resulting lack of accuracy and security in terms of records. The main problem of manual system is very hard to retrieve information of the employees.
1.2.2 Specific Problem
The Caltex Techron Merchandising has also some specific problem as they follow:
* Manual recording of the time-in and time-out of the employees.
* Using the manual computation of payroll.
* Inaccurate employee’s attendance due to manual operation of time keeping.
* Unorganized records because of many records that must be filed.
1.3.1 General Objective
The Proponents aims to develop a LAN-Based Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System that will improve their service in terms of attendance monitoring and payroll of the employee.
1.3.2 Specific objectives
* To develop a system that enable to search records easier and faster. * To avoid changing of time that they log. * To develop a system that will monitor the daily time record of employee. * To upgrade and standard the process of computing salaries of employees accurately. * To establish a system that will register the time-in and time-out of employees. * To prevent loosen and break down of the records and files. * To make automated the computation of the salaries of the employees.
1.4 Scope and Limitation
The Proponents aims to develop a LAN-Based Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System of the employee for the improvement of Caltex Techron Merchandising. The File maintenance can easily add, search, delete, and update records, with the use of this system.
* Computerize the Attendance of the employee.
* Automated computation of salaries.
* It gives accurate time and date of the employee’s log.
* The administrator only has the authority to access the records of the employees.
* Records only the time and date of log-in and log-out of the employee but it can’t identify who are the real employees. * The LAN-Based Attendance Monitoring and Payroll System embedded only to Caltex Techron.
1.5 Significance of Study
This study not only to develop a software system, It also aims to do specific task in a short period of time.
* It will help them in terms of less spending space and time. It will help them.
* It will be easy for them to monitor the attendance of the employee and to lessen their work.
* It will be easier to get their salary because of the automatic computation.
1.6 Definition of Terms
1. Automated – To operate by automation.
2. Merchandising – Sales promotion has a comprehensive function including market research, development of new products.
3. Monitoring – A device for observing a biological condition or function.
4. Payroll – The sum necessary for distribution to those on a payroll also the money to be distributed.
5. Salary – Fixed comprehension paid regularly for devices
6. Technology – A capability given by the practical application knowledge.
7. Embedded – Fix to the business company.
8. LAN-Based – the system is running by group of personal computer and associated equipment that are linked by cable, office building and that share a communications line.
9. Manual – work by hand, involving the skills and hard word of hand.
10. Traditional – from generation to generation,” Old style”.