The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize you with job analysis techniques and the use of the O*NET site.
This assignment is directly tied to learning goals 1, 3, and 5 for the course.
You are expected to analyze a job using one of the job analysis techniques described in the textbook and/or lecture. You may use your own personal experience with the job (either as a job incumbent or as a recipient of the output of that job) and/or material from the O*NET site. As O*NET may have already conducted a job analysis of the job, I recommend you make full use of that resource but be sure to cite O*NET correctly if you do. Each student should work alone. Use the worksheet that follows to complete the assignment. A scoring rubric can be found attached to the assignment in Blackboard. Once you have completed the assignment, submit your answers through the Blackboard assignment for that purpose.
What job are you analyzing (e.g., Hairdresser, Dentist, etc.):
1. What types of activities would you conduct prior to the actually beginning the job analysis? Be specific as to the types of information you might seek and the sources where such information might be found.
2. If you were to actually perform a job analysis, discuss the steps you would use and how you would go about conducting the job analysis. Your answer should include: type of job analysis (e.g., functional, critical incidents, etc.), type of data collection (e.g., observation, interview, etc.), and how you would go about gathering and verifying the data.
3. For the job you are analyzing, what are the five or six most important job tasks listed? Why do you think each is important?
4. What knowledge would a person need to be successful in this job and how would a person demonstrate having such knowledge (e.g., degree, license, experience)?
5. What specific skills would a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., typing, programming, decision making)?
6. What abilities would a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., strength, vision)?
7. What other characteristics might a person need to be successful in this job (e.g., personality, demographics)?
8. What is the work context typically associated with this job (e.g., environmental conditions, interaction with coworkers and/or clients)?
End your assignment with a References page.
Cite this page
?Job Analysis Assignment. (2016, Aug 09). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/job-analysis-assignment-essay