Intro to Bio
Intro to Bio
1. What patterns do you observe based on the information in Table 1? The patterns that I observe based on the information in Table 1 is that the more dissolved oxygen contained in the water, the more fish are observed in that particular area of water.
2. Develop a hypothesis relating to the amount of dissolved oxygen measured in the water sample and the number of fish observed in the body of water. The hypothesis that I would develop relating to the amount of dissolved oxygen measured in the water sample and the number of fish observed in the body of water is if there is more dissolved oxygen contained in the water, there will be more fish present in the area the water sample is being taken from.
3. What would your experimental approach be to test this hypothesis? My experimental approach in order to test this hypothesis would be to test the dissolved oxygen contained in different areas of water and keep track of the fish in those areas and then compare the results.
4. What are the independent and dependent variables? The independent and dependent variables are the independent is the dissolved oxygen and the dependent is the fish.
5. What would be your control? What would be my control is no control.
6. What type of graph would be appropriate for this data set? Why? The type of graph that would be appropriate for this data set would be a line graph because it will support the hypothesis that I came up with as well as provide clear results.
7. Graph the data from Table 1: Water Quality vs. Fish Population (found at the beginning of this exercise). You may use Excel, then “Insert” the graph, or use another drawing program. You may also draw it neatly by hand and scan your drawing. If you choose this option, you must insert the scanned jpg image here.
8. Interpret the data from the graph made in Question 7. The data from the graph shows the population of fish on the Y axis and the dissolved oxygen on the X axis. The population of fish increases in the graph because of the increased amount of dissolved oxygen found in the body of water.
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 19 November 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Intro to Bio
for only $16.38 $12.9/page