Internet Connecting Point A to Point B Essay
Internet Connecting Point A to Point B
How should an Internet connection be made for the current campus? Why did you select this option over the others? AT&T is the carrier providing service to the existing campus as well as the new campus. Examine the offerings for Internet access to select the one that should be used. (10 points) ST which is made by at&t is the most popular connector for multimode networks, like most buildings and campuses. It has a bayonet mount and a long cylindrical ferrule to hold the fiber. Most ferrules are ceramic, but some are metal or plastic. And because they are spring-loaded, you have to make sure they are seated properly. If you have high loss, reconnect them to see if it makes a difference.
2. How should the existing and new campus locations be connected to each other? (10 points) The Existing campus locations should be connected to each other via fiber optic cable. Fiber optic cables are less expensive, there is less signal degrading, Non-flammable, and last but not least extremely lightweight compares to the competitors.
3. Should the two locations share an Internet connection? (10 points) Yes. Paying for two separate internet connection methods would be pointless for this scenario. Sharing one connection is more cost effective.
4. Compare the advantages, disadvantages, and cost of fiber optic cable, 5 GHz wireless bridges, and free space optics as a means to interconnect the campus buildings to the IT wing of the Administration Building. (10 points) Fiber optic cable is more expensive of hardware and installation overall, but it is the fastest connection currently. Wireless bridges provide wireless connection, however if the proper precautions are not put into place there may be additional interference and signal loss. Free space optics is perfect for smaller networks and cheap
5. What would be required to interconnect the existing campus and the new campus to each other using fiber optic cable laid within the hiking trail right of way? (10 points) Outdoor cables and enclosures such as Central tubes are definitely necessary.The central tube design consists of one Thermoplastic PBT buffer tube encasing individually colores fibers. These fibers are surrounded by gel for moisture resistance. The central buffer tube is also surrounded by water swellable fiberglass yarn for overall water resistance and added strength.
6. Examine the data shown on the DSL Line Utilization Report found in Doc Sharing. This is a typical bandwidth utilization report for ADSL line used to connect each building on the campus to the Internet. Keeping in mind that there are eight of these DSL lines connecting the campus buildings to the Internet will a higher speed connection be needed when these are consolidated into one connection? (10 points) Yes. A higher speed connection will be needed when everything is consolidated. The Utilization report shows bandwidth but doesn’t take into account the 8 lines.
7. If the two locations share an Internet connection will a single connection suffice for both sites? (10 points) It would be feasible but not comfortable or ideal. Ideally you would want one connection per site.
University/College: University of Chicago
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 27 October 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Internet Connecting Point A to Point B
for only $16.38 $13.9/page