Instructor Baby Massage Lesson Essay
Instructor Baby Massage Lesson
Welcome to your first baby massage session, my name is ………., and I will be with you during the next five weeks teaching you this amazing technique which help both of you, baby and mum or dad to improve in the ways that I will to explain to you in a few minutes. But first of all I would like to tell you that don’t worry if the baby cries, don’t feel uncomfortable, get up if you need, hug and cuddle her, feel free to be dedicated to the baby as if you were in your home. For all of us today and the next few weeks that we will share time together, the most important will be the baby and her comfort. Now it is your turn and I would like you introduce yourself and your babies please. Thank you so much…..
Benefits of baby massage:
Interaction: bonding and secure attachment, demonstrating love… Stimulation: the internal circulatory, digestive, hormonal, immune, lymphatic, nervous, respiratory and vestibular systems are both stimulated and aided. Relief: Gas and colic, constipation and elimination, gastrointestinal cramps, growing pains, muscular tension, Teething discomfort, Excess mucus and nasal congestion, sensitivity to touch, Physical and psychological tension. Relaxation: Improve sleep patterns, Regulation of behavioural states, being calm, Reduce stress, Increased levels of relaxing, less hypersensitivity, Less hyperactivity. But we as parents will also get benefits such as improving our ability to read our baby’s cues, bonding, confidence and on the physical side it helps to reduce blood pressure, stress, improves overall health….
The ideal place it is a warm room 24 is the ideal temperature, in a dim light or if we have natural light it would be perfect. You can use non-scented oils such as mineral oils or vegetables oils, but if your baby has sensitive skin then it is better to use Vegetable oils that usually contain high proportions of oleic acid such as the olive oil or the high oleic sunflower seed oil. And always Mineral oils may have a use-by date, whereas vegetable oils may have a best-before date. So please check this. The best time is the quiet alert state and we can identify it in Newborns when they make small, infrequent movements, if any at all. The eyes remain open wide in watchful awareness. Quiet alert babies are relaxed, calm, and happy. Babies in this state are ready to learn and socialize with everyone around them. Stare contently at your face, follow your voice, and work hard to interact and play with you.
So that the baby recognise that it is time for massage we should begin all our massage sessions with a visual cues: Add a bit of oil massage in our hands and rub them in front of her eyes and if the baby’s response is positive then we will undress the baby and begin if he is not happy with being naked he can be massaged partially or fully clothed.
Positioning of the baby.
Tips for parents:
* Use a comfortable surface, towel and massage oil.
* Remove any rings or bracelets you wear
* Ensure that nails are sooth and hands clean
* Tie your long hair
* Be careful with very loose clothes you wear
* Relax before starting with some breathings
* Respect the V zone. Don’t massage this area
* Interact with your baby while the massage
ALWAYS START AND FINISH YOUR MASSAGE SESSION WITH THE COVER OF LOVE. Stroke from the top of the head down baby’s sides to the feet. Today’s session is about Face and Head, the massage in this part of the body stimulates and can help cold symptoms and it is very relaxing. But this section usually likes least to babies and please here we will use minimal oil as the face is quite oily already.
1. Hilltop Thumb at the top of the nose and stroke upwards and out to the sides in an arch, start tracing the eyebrow line and go higher the other two strokes. Repeat 3 times
2. Sleep sweep place your forefinger in the centre of the forehead at the hairline and gently sweep over the forehead to the end of the nose. Repeat 3 times.
3. Say cheese Place pads of your thumbs just above the top lip in the centre, sweep our thumbs outward and upwards in the shape of a smile, repeat this just under the mouth. Repeat 3 times.
Rhyme: Smiling is infectious/ you can catch it like the flu/ when someone smiled at me today/ I started smiling too.
4. Cheek Sweep: Place the thumb pads together at the top of the nose in between the eyebrows. Sweep thumbs down the sides of the nose and out over the cheeks to the ears following the line of cheekbones. Repeat 3 times. 5. Love Heart: Place your pads of your fingers at the front of the ear, in one sweep stroke both hands over and behind ears then down the jaw to meet at the chin, creating the shape of a heart. Repeat 3 times. Rhyme: Oh my darling, oh my darling/ oh my darling valentine/ you are perfect and I love you/ and I ‘m glad that you are mine. 6. Spider Slider: Place hands cupping baby’s shoulders, walk fingers up shoulders towards the head and continue underneath up to the top of the back of the neck. Stroke both hands down from behind neck to shoulders in one fluid motion. Repeat the stroke in the opposite direction sweeping from shoulders to behind neck and finish walking fingers from underneath neck down towards shoulders.
University/College: University of Arkansas System
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 21 December 2016
We will write a custom essay sample on Instructor Baby Massage Lesson
for only $16.38 $12.9/page