In this Indian recipes section we will talk about recipes from Awadh. The land of Awadh is known for its tehzeeb and nafasat. Exclusively famous for its non-vegetarian cuisines today we will talk about few vegetarian Indian food recipes from Awadh. Try these exquisite Indian food recipes and make your meal special.
Awadhi paneer recipe
• 1 cup paneer cubed
• 1 tbsp sunf
• ? tbsp mustard seeds
• a pinch of methi
• 1 tbsp kalonji
• ? tbsp cumin seeds
• ? tbsp heeng
• 1 onion sliced
• ? tsp haldi
• ? tsp Chili Powder
• ? tbsp kala namak
• ? cup curd
• 1 tbsp plain flour
• 3 tbsp Coriander chopped
• 1 tbsp oil
• Salt to taste
How to make Achari Paneer:
• Take a small bowl and mix the saunf, mustard seeds, methi dana, kalonji, zeera and heeng.
• Heat oil in a pan and add the seeds mixture.
• When the seeds start crackling, add onion and saute till it turns white.
• Add the paneer, turmeric powder, chili powder, black salt and stir fry for 2 minutes.
• Add in the curd and sprinkle the plain flour.
Mix the preparation well.
• Sprinkle coriander and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Remove from heat and serve hot, with rice or roti.
Serve it with Green peas paratha, the recipe of the paratha is shared below
Green Peas Paratha
• 2 cups Boiled Green Peas
• 3 cups Whole Meal Flour
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 5 Green chillies
• 3 tbsp Ghee
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• Ghee for frying
• Water as required
How to make Green Peas Paratha:
• Grind the boiled green peas.
• Take ghee in a vessel and heat it, add cumin seeds.
• Add green chillies and fry for a minute and then add the crushed peas and salt.
• Cook the mixture for 1 minute and keep aside to cool.
• Sieve the flour and add ghee.
• Make the dough by adding sufficient water.
• Roll out 10-12 pieces.
• Take a piece and flatten it.
• Put 1 tbsp of stuffing mixture in the center.
• Draw up the edges towards the center to cover the mixture properly.
• Again flatten it on a floured board to give the shape of a roti.
• Put the paratha on a preheated skillet.
• Turn after cooking for 1-2 minute.
• After a minute apply ghee around the edges and turn again.
• Fry till the brownish color appears on both sides.
• Green peas paratha is ready. Serve it with curd or pickle.
Try these Indian and enrich your cooking skill in making Indian recipes.
Nikita Verma writes about many Indian food recipes related subjects like healthy and easy food. She has gained proficiency in various sections like , rise recipes, etc.
👋 Hi! I’m your smart assistant Amy!
Don’t know where to start? Type your requirements and I’ll connect you to an academic expert within 3 minutes.get help with your assignment