Nowadays, multilingualism has become more than just ‘important’. Knowing a foreign language different from your mother tongue has evolved/become/turn_out to be extremely beneficial. Whether viewed from the financial or social aspect, being able to communicate in a foreign language helps to make ‘real’ connection with people and provides a better understanding of your language. Why should you learn a foreign language?
1. To begin with, the first advange is that Learning a foreign language open up employment opportunities. * For businesses, It is better achievable if they can understand the psychology and the language of their foreign clients.
* Most companies therefore, look for candidates with foreign language skills. * If you are already working, knowing a foreign language may lead to special recognitions or promotions. * As an employer, it will help encourage staff performance, improve customer services, and increase revenue for your company.
2. Apart from the financial gains learning a foreign dialect can offer a unique experience to travellers. * People, who love to explore different parts of the world, know about diverse cultures, places, and lifestyle, knowing the local language can offer a life changing experience.
* You can easily find the places, ask for directions, and even order food. * Speaking a language gives you a better understanding of the country’s culture. You can interact with people more freely providing a greater scope(range) of meeting new people, making new friends, more fun, and enjoyment.
3. Another reason why you should learn a foreign language is that the knowledge of a foreign language improves your mental skills abilities. Learning a foreign language is tough and involves a lot of brain exercise. 4. On the individual level, it improves personality and increases your sense of self worth.
The need of language faculties has increased due to the growing interest in students to learn foreign languages.
People associated with social services need to work with diverse groups from several countries. Ability to speak in a foreign language enables them to communicate and serve people better.
The next important decision is to choose from the number of foreign languages – French, Spanish, German, or Italian- to be learnt. Whether you learn a language for a specific reason or you are out of interest, learning a foreign language will lead to long-term success. It will open up new avenues before you. The more language you know, the better you can express yourself.
Cite this page
Importance of Learning Languages. (2016, Oct 14). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/importance-of-learning-languages-essay