Implement and monitor WHS policies Essay
Implement and monitor WHS policies
1. Why is it important to provide information to work teams on the relevant health and safety legislation, the organisation’s health and safety policies, procedures and programs, and any identified hazards and their control? It is important to provide information to work teams on the relevant health and safety legislation, the organization’s health and safety policies, procedures and programs, and any identified hazards and their control, because as any other part of a business health and safety matters affect production, the quality of products/services and of course financial results. According to this, health and safety should be managed in the same way and with the same importance grade as any other aspect inside a company. Information must also be provided to all workers because it is everybody´s responsibility to have a health and safety place in which everyone will be beneficiated, the employee and the employer.
2. Explain the importance of effective consultative mechanisms in managing health and safety risks and describe what they entail. It is important to have an effective consultative mechanism in managing health and safety risks because consultation can offer a lot of benefits such as greater awareness, commitment, positive working relationships etc. A safe work place will be easier to achieve if everyone is involved and communicate with each other, if every worker help to identify hazards, if there are talks about health and safety concerns and of course if all of them work together to find a solution. Once all the workers are aware of the impact that health and safety procedures have, they will work all together to make their work place as safe as possible.
3. What factors need to be considered when using training to implement an organisation’s health and safety policy and ensure a safe workplace? When using training to implement an organization’s health and safety policy and ensure a safe workplace, it is important to consider all the incidents or accidents that are likely to happen in every specific work, that way hazards and risks can be prevented and avoided. 4. What are hazard reports and why are they important?
Hazard report is a report made to have a record of the incidents and accidents that have happened in a company to stop them to occur again in the future. Hazard reports are important because through them, possibilities of injuries can be eliminated as the hazards have been identified with the reports.
5. Risk management is a critical part of a proactive organisation’s strategy to provide a safe workplace. What does risk management entail? Risk management is a legal requirement for all business in which a process of 4 steps has to be followed: Identify hazards, assess risks, control risks and review. Risk management is designed to prevent loss by preventing harm to people as well as give opportunities the business to grow, increasing productivity and improving services.
6. How can incident records be used to identify potential future hazards and monitor risk control procedures? Incident records allow the identification of trends and types of incidents occurring or recurring in the work place. In this matter, if incidents are being reordered every time they occur, it will be easier to predict or prevent future incidents and accidents as well as monitor what it is being done in order to prevent near misses.
7. What do you think are the key aspects of health and safety legislation? The key aspects of health and safety legislation are that all workers are protected, there is a duty of care that help each worker not to endanger the health and safety of self or other colleagues and consultation with workers to discuss penalties for breaches of the legislation.
University/College: University of California
Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter
Date: 23 September 2016
Let us write you a custom essay sample on Implement and monitor WHS policies
for only $16.38 $13.9/page