At the very beginning I express gratitude to my honorable course instructor Kazi Tareq ullah for his splendid suggestion, fantastic guidance, necessary recommendation, positive reinforcement, effective discipline, justice & fairness, recognition & rewards. His motivation power is also enormous for which I engaged my best efforts to prepare such a report of findings.
I am proud to state that I got such a course instructor who was very much friendly with me. So, all thanks go to him as he extended hand for me wherever I needed.
In fact, he made the course interesting to me and I can
say proudly that I know something about different areas of business communication and organization analysis.
I would like to thank to my classmates whose inspiration and co-operation helped me a lot during conducting the internship.
In keeping with the vision and philosophy to be a truly strategic business partner to customers windy has made every effort to be involved at all levels of the business process.
The in-house Design & Product Development team is backed with a dedicated sampling facility for fabrics and garments allowing windy to assist customers in their product development process and ensure a relevant and timely product for the market. Windy is set to be an integral partner providing a wide range of support and services across the entire supply chain. Windy’s 100% export oriented garment factories have a current annual production capacity of 5 million garments with a projected target of 15 million high quality garments. These combine the best of the indigenous features of Bangladesh such as easy availability of low cost skilled labor with focused investment in modern technology and qualified professionals.
With strong focus on differentiated, innovative and value added products, the company has strengthened its design team and expanded its product development activities. With the trend–right products, it has been able to increase business substantially with the fashion forward customers. The company participated in international fair in many countries was highly appreciated by the customers which enhanced its reputation and increased its visibility in the international market.
In the backdrop of quota elimination, uncertainties in the global market scenario, the company’s aggressive marketing team has been able to establish itself firmly to the customers as an important partner in the supply chain.
Windy has invested in modern machinery and coupled this with superior
technical expertise to ensure excellent quality in each of the 10,000 dress and casual shirts, 3,000 knit tops and 2,000 jeans and woven bottoms produced daily. The windy formula for success is to maximize the inexpensive skilled labor with management from a high tech perspective. Industrial engineering and work-study play and important role with software such as GSD & FMS used for data driven production management to maximize efficiency. The organization is managed by a group of top tier professionals specifically hired for their expertise in the various aspects of the garment production process. Regular training updates and technical inputs from visiting professionals and consultants equip all windy employees to excel in their areas and ensure top-notch product quality, value and service are received by business partners. In-spite these excellent facilities in fact, the company is facing tremendous problem in customer service. The Company can’t maintain its delivery schedule as required by the customers in most of the orders.
In the bottom line, I do believe that the company has ample opportunities to upgrade itself by using all its resources, maintaining qualities, delivering goods to the customers in time and giving continuous effort to the overall customer service.
We should always remember –“ Continuous Improvement is the Road To Survival And Growth”.
Administration is one of the important departments in the company to implement the policies rules and regulation. Administration department will manage the whole work process with the polices build up by the management of the company
People working in the company are the greatest resource .Human resource department ensure the maximum benefit of the human working in the company and also ensure the maximum productivity by motivation. So in the company human resource department has a huge volume of influence to build up a better environment to work and maximize the productivity and company’s goodwill.
Origin of the report:
This report originated as an academic requirement of BBA Program of Uttara University. After completion of the program period a student must submit the report on the assigned topic to the supervisor and to the department. I was assigned to project course on “HRM Practices in RMG Sector” for completing the program.
Rationale of the study:
Theoretical knowledge is not enough for a student. It is essential for a student to acquire practical knowledge. This report is prepared for showing the windy apparels ltd and overall RMG sector. .
According to fulfill the requirement the researcher has chosen to work on “HRM practices to RMG sector”. Therefore, this studies report is the outcome of an academic need as well as practical knowledge and the outmost and enthusiastic intention of the researcher under the proper and in-depth guidance of a highly experienced dedicated guide.
Objective of the report
- This report is prepared primarily for the partial fulfillment of the BBA course requirement.
- TO examine the RMG sector in windy apparels ltd.
- To identify the main problems in RMG sector of windy apparels ltd and also its solution.
- TO increase job satisfaction is essential for proper performance and good-labor management relation.
- To make all organization programs an effective, HRM acts restlessly.
- Finally to recommend some effective measures in improving the total system.
Methodology of the study:
- Face to face discussion with the HR.Manager of windy apparels ltd. Before sitting with him I have prepared a questionnaire
- Direct observation
- Other expert opinion
- Yearly publication of windy apparels ltd
- Relevant papers of financial statement
- Some related information form the Internet
- Other relevant books.
Limitation of the study
In spite of my best effort , this study is not free from the following limitations:
- The time stipulated for the internship program
- Relevant papers and documents were not available sufficiently
- The authority has some policy for not disclosing some secret data and information which could be very much essential
- I am also less experienced in this regard.
Established in 1999 the Windy group has expanded dramatically over the past 10 years and is today the largest and most diversified industrial conglomerate in Bangladesh. Employing 2,000 people including 50 qualified professionals and dealing in a wide of consumer and industrial products for domestics and global markets, Windy has fast become one of the leading foreign exchange earners in the country’s private sector. Textiles & Garments is the largest and fastest growing division of the Windy Group and presently accounts for half the Group’s business turnover and profit. The Group’s major investment continues to be concentrated in this Division.
Among the variety of business, Windy Apparels Ltd ready-made garments manufacturing industry, which started its commercial production in March 1999 under the name of windy Apparels Ltd. Windy Apparels has successfully come a long way and proved its strength as a leading specialist in the industry for men’s high quality dress & casual Shirts and ladies blouses, trousers & dress. Since inception, the company has been growing steady.
Background of the windy Apparels Ltd
Windy Apparels Ltd is a situated in Rajendrapur, Gazipur, Dhaka. If has been established in 2002. There are 4300 employees work here. It contributes large portion of foreign currency exporting by ready made garments. Its total area is 38200 square feet and provides a good working environment.
Management & Organization:
The over all management of the company will be vested with the Board 4f Directors. The Board of Directors will be formulated company’s policies & guide lines for its day to day business operations . The Managing Director will be the executive head who will look after the business affairs and other logistic supports of the economy. However Managing Director will be assisted by the managerial and technical personnel who will be the directors of the company.
windy apperals ltd. shall endeavor to excel in every aspect of their operation and thereby provide quality products and services to their customers. The organization will have a challenging and satisfying working environment so that the talents and potential of their human resource is given the full opportunity to blossom & grow. windy apperals ltd shall maintain a high degree of integrity in their business conduct and this characteristic will prevail in their dealings with their customers, their suppliers, their contractors, their financiers, their employees & indeed their entire society.
Customer Policy: To always focus on the customer; because the customer’s satisfaction is their inspiration. Business Policy: To conduct the business with high integrity. Employee Policy: To nurture the best human resource through training & motivation. Quality Policy: To consistently developed high quality product to keep their standard above others. Environment Policy: To address environmental issues aptly & carry on their activities in line. Future Policy: To endeavor innovation to excel in every aspect of their operation.
Human Resources and Management
Management and human resources management are one and the same. They should never be separated, Management is personnel administration. Management has the three jobs, two of which are directly related to personnel managing workers and work management is the process of efficiently getting things done with and through other people. HRD deals with the design of formal systems in an organization to ensure the effective and efficient use of human talents to accomplish organizational goals.
There are many definitions about human resource management (HRM). One of the well known definitions offered by Michael Jucious (1984). He defined human resources management “Personnel management as the field of management which involves elements organizing, directing and controlling the function of processing, developing, maintaining and motivating a labor force”. It is process of acquiring, retaining, terminating, developing and properly using the human resource in an organization.
Human resource management can be defined as a process of procuring, developing and maintaining competent human resource in the organization so that goals of an organization are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
Human resource management is “The policies and practices involved in carrying out the “People” or human resource aspects of a management position, including recruiting, screening, training, rewarding and appraising”.
Duties of HRD
- Acquisition functions of HRD.
- Developing functions of HRD.
- Motivating functions of HRD.
- Maintaining function of HRD.
Functions of HRM
HR managers are performing a variety of functions. The functional areas of HR
Management are changing as the time goes on. The main HRM functions include:
Human Resource Planning and Policies:
Whenever windy apparels ltd is in the process of determining its human resources needs, it is engaged in a process we called human resource planning. Human resource planning is one of the most important elements in successful organization ensures that it has the right number and kinds of people, at the right place, at the right time, capable of effectively and efficiently completing those tasks that will help the organization achieve its overall strategic objectives. Human resource planning, then, ultimately translates the organization’s overall goals into the number and types of workers needed to meet those goals. Without clear-cut planning, and a direct linkage to the organization’s strategic direction, estimation of an organization’s human resource needs is reduced to mere guesswork.
This means that human resource planning cannot exist in isolation. It must be linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
The strategic planning process of windy apparels ltd is both long and continuous. At the beginning of the process, the organization’s main emphasis is to determine what business it is in the is commonly referred to as developing the mission statement. The mission of windy apparels ltd is to play a great role in economic development of the country.
After reaching agreement on what business the company is in and who its consumers are senior management then begins to set strategic goals. During this phase, these managers define objectives for the company for the next five to twenty years. These objectives are broad statements that establish targets the organization will achieve. The goals of the windy apparels ltd is to contribute 5 % of total foreign exchange by exporting Ready Made Garments.
After these goals are set, the windy apparels ltd begins the corporate assessment. During this phase, a company begins to analyze its goals, it current strategies, its external environment, its strengths and weaknesses, and its opportunities and threats, in terms of whether or not they can be achieved with the current organization resources. Commonly referred to as a “gap or SWOT ANALYSIS,” the company begins to look at what skills, knowledge, and abilities are available internally, and where shortages in terms of people skills or equipment may exist.
The company must determine what jobs need to be done, and how many and what types of workers will be required. In management terminology, we call this organizing. Thus establishing the structure of the organization assists in determining the skill, knowledge, and abilities required of jobholders.
The strategic direction of Human Resource Linkage of windy apparels ltd is shown in the following figure
mission Determining what business the organization will be in
Objectives and goals Setting goals and objectives
StrategyDetermining how goals and
Objectives will be attained
StructureDetermining what jobs need
To be done and by whom
PeopleMatching skills, knowledge,
And abilities to required jobs
Job analysis is a systematic exploration of the activities within a job. It is a technical procedure used to define the duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities of a job. A job analysis involves identifying and describing what is happening on a job.. accurately and precisely identifying the required tasks, the knowledge, and skills necessary for performing them and the conditions under which they must be performed.
Job Analysis Method:
The basic methods that HRM can use to determine job elements and the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities for successful performance include the following: Observation Method: Using the observation method, a job analyst watches employees directly or reviews films of workers on the job. Although the observation method provides firsthand information, workers often do not function most efficiently when they are being watched, and thus distortions in the job analysis can occur. This method also requires that the entire range of activities be observable. This is possible with some jobs, but impossible for many for example, most managerial jobs.
Individual Interview Method: Using the individual interview method, a team of job incumbents is selected and extensively interviewed. The results of these interviews are combined into a single job analysis. This method is effective for assessing what a job entails, and involving employees in the job analysis is essential.
Group Interview Method: The group interview method is similar to the individual interview method except that a number of job incumbents are interviewed simultaneously. Accuracy is increased in assessing jobs, but group dynamics may hinder its effectiveness.
Structured Questionnaire Method: Under the structured questionnaire method, workers are sent a specifically designed questionnaire in which they check or rate items they perform on their job from a long list of possible task items. This technique is excellent for gathering information about jobs. However, exceptions to a job may be overlooked, and there is often no opportunity to ask follows up questions or to clarity the information received.
Technical Conference Method: The technical conference method uses supervisors with extensive knowledge of the job. Here, specific job characteristics are obtained from the experts. Although a good data gathering Method, it often overlooks the incumbent workers’ perceptions about what they do on their job.
Diary Method: The diary method requires job incumbents to record their daily activities. The diary method id the most time consuming of the job analysis methods and may have to extend over long periods of time- all adding to its cost.
These six methods are not meant to be viewed as mutually exclusive; no one method is universally superior. Even obtaining job information from the incumbents can create a problem, especially if these individuals describe what they think should be doing rather than what they actually do.
Windy Apparels Ltd uses the individual interview method because it is an extensively interview method. When it involves in conducting the job analysis it follows the below items:
- Understanding the purpose of conduction the job analysis: Before embarking on a job analysis, one must understand the nature and purpose of conducting the investigation. Recognize that job analyses serve a vital purpose in such HRM activities as recruiting, training, setting performance standards, evaluating performance, and compensation. In fact, nearly every activity in HRM revolves around the job analysis.
- Understanding the role of jobs and values in the organization: Every job in the organization should have a purpose. Before conducting the analysis, one must understand the linkage that the job has to the strategic direction of the organization. In essence, one must answer why the job is needed. If an answer cannot be determined, then may be the job is not needed.
- Benchmark positions: In a large organization, it would be impossible to evaluate every job at one time. Accordingly, by involving employees and seeking their input, selected jobs can be chosen based ob how well they represent other, similar jobs in the organization. This information then will be used as a starting point in later analysis of the other positions.
- Determine how you want to collect the job analysis information: Proper planning at this stage permits one to collect the data desired in the most effective and efficient manner. This means developing a process for collecting the data. Several combined methods like structured questionnaires, group interviews, and technical conferences- should be used. Select the ones, however, that best meet your job analyses goals and timetables.
- Seek clarification, wherever necessary: Some of the information collected may not be entirely understood by the job analyst. Accordingly, when this occurs, one must seek clarification from those who possess the critical information. This may include the employee and the supervisor. Failure to understand and comprehend the information will make the next step in the job analysis process- writing the job description- more difficult.
- Develop the first draft of the job description: Although there is no specific format that all job descriptions follow, most include certain elements. Specifically, a job description contains the title, a summary sentence of the job’s main activities, the level of authority and accountability of the position, performance requirements, and working conditions.
- Review draft with the job supervisor: Ultimately, the supervisor of the position being analyzed should approve the job description. Review comments from the supervisor can assist in determining a final job description document. When the description is an accurate reflection, the supervisor should sign off, or approve the document.
The steps of job analysis are shown in the following figure:
Understanding the purpose
Of the job analysis
Understanding the role of Jons in the Develop draft
Benchmark position Seek clarification
Determine how to collect
job analysis information
After organizations have established their strategic direction and developed a corresponding employment plan, the organization must turn its attention to getting the right people. The jobs that have been identified and their associated skills point to very specific types of employees that are require. But these employees don’t just magically appear-nor do the frequently come knocking on the organization’s door. Instead, the company must embark on an employment process of finding and hiring qualified people.
That process starts when the organization notifies the “public” that openings exist. The organization wants to get its information out such that a large number of potentially qualified applicants respond. Then, after several interactions with the most promising of these candidates will best
demonstrate the skills, knowledge, and abilities to successfully perform the job.
So Recruiting is the discovering of potential applicants for actual or anticipated organizational vacancies.
Constraints of Recruiting Efforts:
While the ideal recruitment effort will bring in a satisfactory number of qualified applicants who will take the job if it is offered, the realities cannot be ignored. For example, the pool of qualified applicants may not include the “best” candidates; or the “best” candidate may not want to be employed by the organization. These and other constraints on recruiting efforts limit human resource recruiters’ freedom to recruit and select a candidate of their choice. However, we can narrow our focus by suggesting five specific constraints.
- Image of the organization: We noted that the prospective candidate may not be interested in pursuing job opportunities in the particular organization. The image of the organization, therefore, should be considered a potential constraint. If that image is perceived to be low, the likelihood of attracting a large number of applicants is reduced.
- Attractiveness of the job: If the position to be filled is an unattractive job, recruiting a large and qualified pool of applicants will be difficult. In recent years, for instance, many employers have been complaining about the difficulty of finding suitably qualified individuals for manual labor positions. In a job market where unemployment rates are low, and where a wide range of opportunities exists creating competition for these workers, a shortage results.
- Internal organizational Policies: Internal organizational policies, such as “promote from within wherever possible,” may give priority to individuals inside the other than the lowest level entry positions, will be filled from within the ranks. Although this is promising once one is hired, it may reduce the number of applications.
- Government Influence: The government’s influence in the recruiting process should not be overlooked. An employer can no longer seek out preferred individuals based on non-job-related factors such as physical appearance, sex, or religious background.
- Recruiting Costs: The last constraint, but certainly not lowest in priority, is one that centers on recruiting costs. Recruiting efforts by an organization are expensive. Sometimes continuing a search for long periods of time is not possible because of budget restrictions.
Recruiting is more likely to achieve its objectives if recruiting sources reflect the type of position to be filled. Certain recruiting sources are more effective than others for filling certain types of jobs.
a) The Internal Search: Windy apparels ltd will attempt to develop their own employees for positions beyond the lowest level. These can occur through an internal search of current employees, who have bid for the job, been identified through the organization’s human resource management system, or even been by a fellow employee. The advantages of such searches-a “promote from within wherever possible” policy- are:
- It is good public relations.
- It builds morale.
- It encourages good individual who are ambitious.
- It improves the probability of a good selection, since information on the individual’s performance is readily available.
- It is less costly than going outside to recruit.
- Those chosen internally already know the organization.
- When carefully planned, promoting from within can also act as a training device for developing middle- and top level managers.
B) Employee Referrals/Recommendations:
Sometimes windy apparels ltd recruits individuals who will perform effectively on the job is a recommendation from a current employee. Because employees rarely recommend someone unless they believe that the individual can perform adequately. Such a recommendation reflects on the recommender,
and even someone’s reputation is at stake. Employee referrals also may have acquired more accurate information about their potential jobs.
C) The external searches:
Besides these windy apparels ltd is looking employees by the external searches for recruitment.
These are discussed below:
- Advertisements: Windy apparels ltd gives advertisement various types of newspaper and wallpapers for employees it needs because it is large medium by which the news can reach maximum people.
Besides these, windy apparels ltd sometimes recruits employees from various Schools, Colleges, and Universities, Professional Organizations, Cyberspace recruiting a unsolicited applicants.
The Selection Process:
Selection activities typically follow a standard pattern, beginning with an initial screening interview and concluding with the employment decision. The selection process typically consists of eight steps:
- Initial screening interview
- Completing the4 application form,
- Employment tests
- Comprehensive interview,
- Background investigation,
- A conditional job offer,
- Medical or physical examination and
- The permanent job offer.
Each step represents a decision point requiring some affirmative feedback for the process to continue. Each step in the process seeks to expand the organization’s knowledge about the applicant’s background, abilities and motivation and it increases the information from which decision makers will make their predictions and final choice.
The Selection Process in the following figure:
Failed to meet minimum qualifications
Failed to complete application or failed job specifications
Failed test impress interviewer
Failed to impress interviewer
Unfit to do essential
Elements of job
Able to perform
Essential elements of job
The Windy apparels ltd firstly prepare to initiate a primarily review of potentially acceptable candidates by two steps as (i) the screening of inquires and (ii) The provision of screening interviews. After completing the initiate screening applicants are asked to complete the organization’s application form. It required information about candidates present/ permanent address, candidates profile, job performance etc. When the candidate passes it, he is then given for employment test. In this point candidates are shown on intelligence, aptitude, ability and interest test to provide major input to the selection process. After that candidates are given comprehensive interview. This interview is designed to probe areas such as assessing one’s motivation, ability to work under pressure, and ability to fit in with the organization.
The next step in to undertake background investigation of the applicants who appear to offer potential as employees. This includes contacting former employers to confirm the candidates work record and to obtain their appraisal of his/her performance, other job related and personal performances, verifying educational qualification shown on application. If the candidates passes this, it is typically customary for a conditional job offer to be made. The conditional job offer implies is that if everything is okay- passing a certain medical, physical or substance abuse test. The next to last is the selection process may consist of having applicant may taka a medical/physical examination. Because a candidates has to perform a variety of activities that require a certain physical condition. Those individuals who perform successfully in the proceeding steps are now considered to be eligible to receive the employment offer. The procedures of selections process of windy apparels ltd are shown in the following
Selection Procedures of EXIM Bank
The selection process in Exim is not different from what is practiced in most organization starts with initial screening of CV’s goes on to written test and then a final interview before selecting the person. Selection decision can result in one of the four possible out comes. Two of these outcomes are right decision and two are wrong decision.
| |Decision | | |Accept |Reject | |Letter of job performance |Successful |Correct decision |Reject error | | |Unsuccessful |Accept error |Correct decision |
The current selection process in EXIM bank is described below:
The process starts with initial screening choosing from the CV’s that fulfill the specific requirements. After a vacancy is announced and CV’s are already collected from different source, the Bank starts the initial screening process .then called for written test.
If any employee are out of the job in some cases is called termination. There are certain circumstances where-even through complaint is within jurisdiction the company can dismiss him without considering its merits. This is some time called early termination.
Termination Process of windy apperals Ltd.:
The company any terminate the service of permanent employee by giving him/her notice in writing or salary in lieu therefore the period on under.
120 Days notice in case of subordinate staff or salary in lieu thereof.
90 Days notice for all other grades or salaries in lieu thereof.
have during probation the Management may terminate the employee at any time without notice.
The authority to terminate an employee of the grades from junior officer to Executive
Vice President Lies with the Managing Director while that of Senior Executive Vice
President and above can only be exercised by the Board of Directors.
An employee will be dismissed from the company service if he or she is guilty of misconduct or whatsoever according to the report of the enquiry committee the concerned dismissed employee will get only the own contribution of his/her provident fund.
Discharge on medical Ground:
If an employee is incapable to continue his/her service for continues ill health mental abnormality and disorder, then the management discharge him/her from service on medical ground. He/She may be paid a ex-gratuity with other benefit with the approval of the Managing Director.
Training and Development :
Training is a learning experience in that it seeks a relatively permanent change in an individual that will improve the ability to perform on the job. We typically say training can involve the changing of skills, knowledge, attitudes, or behavior. It may mean changing what employees know, how they work, their attitudes to ward their work, or their interaction with their coworkers or supervisor.
For our purposes, we will differentiate between employee training and employee development for one particular reason. Although both are similar in the methods used to affect learning, their time frames differ. Training is more present day oriented; its focus is on individual’s current jobs, enhancing those specific skills and abilities to immediately perform their jobs.
The most widely used training methods take place on the job. The popularity of these methods can be attributed to their simplicity and the impression that they are less costly to operate.
On the job training: Places the employees in actual work situations and makes them appear to be immediately productive. It is learning by doing, for jobs that either are difficult to simulate or can be learned quickly by watching and doing, on-the-job training makes sense.
Off the Job Training: Off the job training covers a number of techniques classroom lectures, films, demonstrations, case studies and other simulation exercises, and programmed instruction. The facilities needed for each technique vary from a small, makeshift classroom to an elaborate development center with large lecture halls, supplemented by small conference rooms with sophisticated instruction technology equipment.
- The responsibility for managing a career belongs to the individual. The organization’s role is to provide assistance and information to the employee, but is not responsible for growing an employee’s career.
- A career is a sequence of positions occupied by a person during a course of a lifetime.
- Career development from an organizational standpoint involves tracking career paths and developing career ladders. From an individual perspective, career development focuses on assisting individuals in identifying their major career goals and to determining what they need to do to achieve these goals.
- The main distinction between career development and employee development lies in their time frames. Career development focuses on the long-range career effectiveness and success of organisational personnel. Employee development focuses on more of the immediate and intermediate time frames.
- Career development is valuable to an organization t; because it (1) ensures needed talent will be avail- able; (2) improves the organization’s ability Jo attract and retain high-talent employees; (3) ensures that minorities and women get opportunities for growth and development; (4) reduces employee frustration; (5) enhances cultural diversity; (6) assists in implementing quality; and (7) promotes organization: goodwill.
- The five stages in a career are exploration, establishment, mid-career, late-career, and decline.
- The Holland Vocational Preferences are realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional.
- Typology focuses on personality dimensions including extroversion-introversion; sensing-intuition; thinking-feeling: and judgirig- perceiving These four “pairs” can be combined into i(i different combination profiles.
With this information, personality of jobs can be matched to personality of individuals. Some suggestions for managing your career include; U.) Select your first job judiciously; (2) do good work; (3) present the right image; (4) learn the power structure; (5) gain control of organizational resources; (6) stay visible; (7) don’t stay too long in your first job; (8) find a mentor; (9) support your boss; OO) stay mobile; (11) think laterally; (12) think of your career in terms of skills you’re acquiring and continue upgradiiu and 03) work harder than ever a developing a network.
Management Development of windy apperals ltd
a. On the Job Development:
- Under Study.
b. Off the Job Development:
- Committee Assignment.
- Job Rotation.
- Sensitivity Training.
- Transactional Analysis.
- Training within the company.
- Training outside the company.
- Lecture Courses.
- Simulation Exercise.
c. Workers Development:
- Under Study.
- Committee Assignment.
Motivation Function of HRD of windy apperals Ltd.
Motivation is the willingness to do something and is conditioned by their actions ability to satisfy same need for the individual windy apperals Ltd.
Motivation process of windy apperals Ltd.
- Unsatisfied Need
- Search Behavior
- Goat Achievement
- Need Satisfaction
- Of Tension
- Job Design.
- Performance Evaluation
- Job Evaluation
- Compensation / Benefit
Performance evolutions are an integral part of most organizations. Properly developed and implemented, the performance appraisal process can help an organization achieve its goals by developing productive employees. Although there are many types of performance evalution systems, each with its own advantages and disadvantages, we must be aware of the legal implications that arise. EEO laws require organizations to have HRM practices that are bias free. For HRM, this means that performance evalutions must be objective and job related. That is, they must be reliable and valid! Furthermore, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, performance appraisals must also be able to measure reasonable performance success. To assist in these matters, two factors arise: (i) The performance appraisal must be conducted according to some established intervals; and (ii) appraisers must be trained in the process.
- Rewards are the final link in the motivation model. After the effort has been expended, successful performance happens, and organizational goals are achieved, individuals are now ready to have their particular goals met. These goals, or rewards, can come in a variety of types.
- Rewards can be classified as (1) intrinsic or extrinsic, (2) financial or non financial, or (3) performance-based or membership-based.
- Some rewards are membership-based because one receives them for simply belonging to the organization. Employee benefits are an example of membership-based rewards, in that -every employee gels them irrespective of performance levels.
- Compensation administration seeks to design a cost-effective pay structure that will not only attract, motivate, and retain competent employees, but also be perceived as fair by these employees.
- Job evaluation systematically determines the value of each job in relation to all jobs within the organization. The four basic approaches to job evaluations are: (1) the ordering method, (2) the classification method, (3) the factor comparison method, and (4) the point method.
- The final wage structure evokes from job evaluation input, wage survey data, and the creation of wage grades.
- Competency-based compensation views employees as a competitive advantage; ! the organization.
Compensation systems are established in terms of the knowledge and skills employees possess, and the behaviors that they demonstrate. Possession of these three factors is evaluated and compensated according to a broad-banded salary range established by the organization. 8. Executive compensation is higher than that of rank-and-file personnel and also includes other financial and non financial benefits not otherwise available to operative employees. This is done to attract, retain, and motivate executives to higher performance levels. 9. The balance sheet approach to international compensation -takes into account base pay, differentials, incentives, and assistance programs. Most of the types of employee rewords Garments Companies pay system do not follow the Human resources practice. The is no actual pay scale at level.
The Windy apparels limited pay workers at Tk. 1650. The other employees are paid its manual system or contractual basis. Sometimes the worker is paid on production basis. The more the production the more compensation is paid.
Services and benefits:
When an organization is designing its overall compensation program, one of the critical areas of concern is what benefits should be provided. Today’s workers expect more than just an hourly wage or a salary from their employer they want additional considerations that will enrich their lives. These considerations in an employment setting are call called employee benefits. Windy Apparels give some opportunities to the employees. There is PF social security, can unemployment compensation if gives only:
i) Health insurance
ii) Disability benefit
iii) Bonus it gives twice yearly bonus to celebrate festival.
This are discussed bellow:
Programs are designed to ensure income replacement for employees in the event of a temporary or permanent disability arising from an injury or extended illness (typically originating off the job).
It gives twice yearly bonus to celebrate festival.
iv) Profit sharing bonus:
Windy Apparels gives sometimes employees profit sharing bonus. When it earns a certain amount of profit it gives there a certain portion of profit which encourages employees to work more effectively.
Safety and health program:
- Involve management and employees in the development of a safety and
health plan. If neither group can see the usefulness, and the benefit at /such a plan, even the best plan will fail.
- Hold someone accountable for implementing the plan. Plans do not work by themselves. They need someone to champion the cause. This person must be given the resources to put the plan in place, but also must be Aicld accountable for what it’s intended to accomplish.
- Determine the Safety and Health Requirements for Your Work Site. Just as each individual is different, so, too, is each workplace. Understanding the specific needs of the facility will aid in determining what safety and requirement will be necessary.
- Assess what workplace hazards exist in the facility. Identify the potent! a. health and safety problems that may exist on the job. By understanding what exists, preventive measures can be determined.
- Correct hazards that exist. If certain hazards were identified in the investigation in the assessment, fix or eliminate them. This may mean decreasing the effect of the hazard, or controlling it through other means (protective clothing).
- Train employees in safety end health techniques. Make safety and health training mandatory for all employees. Employees should be instructed how to do their jobs in the safest manner, and understand that any pro ‘tective eqir merit provided must be used.
- Develop the mind-set in employees that the organization is to be kept has and free. Often employees are the first to witness problems. Establish i means for them to report their findings, including having emergency pr3 educes in place, if necessary. Ensuring that preventive maintenance a impend follows a recommended schedule can also prevent the breakdowns from becoming a hazard.
- Continuously update and refine the safety and health program. Once the program has been implemented, it must continuously be evaluated, am necessary changes must be made. Documenting the progress of the pro gram is necessary for use in this analysis.
The term discipline refers to a condition in the organization where employers conduct themselves in accordance with the organizations rules and standards of acceptable behavior. For the most part employees discipline themselves by conforming to what is considered proper behavior because they believe it is the reasonable thing to do. Once they are made aware of what is expected of them, and assuming they find these standards or rules to be reasonable, the seek to meet those expectations.
Factors to consider when discipline:
- Seriousness of problem
- Duration of the problem
- Frequents and nature of the problem
- Extenuating factors
- Degree of socialization
- History of the organizations discipline practices
- Management Backing
Function of Disciplinary Actions:
Written verbal Warning: The mildest form of discipline is the written verbal warning. Yes, the term is correct. A written verbal warning is a temporary record of a reprimand that is then placed in the manager’s file on the employee. This written verbal warning should state the purpose, date, and outcome of the interview with the employee.
Written Warning: The second step in the progressive discipline process is the written warning. In effect, it is the first formal stage of the disciplinary procedure. This is because the written warning becomes part of the employee’s official personnel file. This is achieved by not only giving the warning to the employee but sending a copy to HRM to be inserted in the employees permanent record.
Suspension: A suspension or layoff would be the next disciplinary step, usually taken only if the prior steps have been implemented without the desired outcome. Exceptions-where suspension is given without any prior verbal or written warning occasionally occur if the infraction is of a serious nature.
A suspension may be for one day or several weeks; disciplinary layoffs in excess of a month are rare. Employee welfare and benefit policy:
- Gratuity: All regular employees who have experience of at least 7 Years are entitled to gratuity. As per service rules, an eligible employee gets a gratuity an amount equal to his/her two month’s basic pay for each year service
- Provident fund: Each member contributes to the provident fund a sum equal to 10% of the basic salary payable to him /her per month and such percentage is deducted by the company from the salary of employee at the time of payment there of. The company contributes to the fund a monthly sum equal to 10% of the basic pay of each employee.
- Group Insurance Policy: windy apperals Ltd. Have a fund named Employees Social Security Superannuation Fund that provides insurance to the employee on his/her family in case of death, disability or disease. Besides, there is another group insurance type arrangement her to take care of the employees house building investment. There is another fund called Employees House Building Investment Safety Scheme.
- Other Benefits: As per the service rules an employee after fulfilling same criteria can enjoy car facilities from the company Car taking investment facilities from the bank whereas top
SOWT Analysis of Human Resource Division of windy apparels Limited
Open HR Manual
Empowered Work Force:
Compensation and Benefits
Management Information System.
Human Resources Information System:
Research and Development:
Training and Developmen
My Position & Duties
I was assigned for my doing Internship in windy apperals ltd limited for the period of 120 days starting from 1STOCT, 2010 to 31st JAN, 2011,Rajendrapur Branch. In internship period I had no specific place. So I had no fixed duties in the organization. I worked under a Manager of Rajendrapur branch and I observed his different types of activities.
The working environment place of windy apperals Limited is very much friendly. Every personnel of the HR Division was very much busy but they always tried to help me from their experience.
In this organization there are three HRD functions. Those are Acquisition function of HDR, Motivation Function of HRD, Maintenance function of HRD. Human Resource Planning is the process by which an organization ensures that it has the right number and kinds of people, at right place, at right time capable of effectively and efficiently completing those tasks that will help the organization achieve its overall objectives.
Windy apperals ltd. works for the development of its executives or potential executives in order to enable them to be more effective in performing the various functions of activities.
Findings of the Study
- The HRD system of windy apperals Ltd is not skilled enough and does not follow latest technology.
- In HR Division, there is the huge lack of development activity. The employee joining windy apperals should be taken under a cordial orientation program which is absent.
- Proper training is very important issue for the employees of Financials organization. In windy apperals proper training need requirement is not justified rather done by the employee’s personal interest.
- Employee’s code of conduct or service manual is governed solely by the service quality unit. But there should be a coordination of HRD to measure the perfect evaluation of the employees’ performance.
From the above discussion we can recommend the following things
- Establishment and Enforcement of Garment Policy.
- Govt. should ease its regulation towards RMG sector.
- Fiscal financial incentives such as decrease in bank interest rate.
- Tax rate should be reduced in this sector.
- Derestriction Of foreign remittance flows that financed this sector.
HRM is the assenical for the RMG sector. It’s the following for hole industry. Administration is one of the important departments in the company to implement the policies, rules and regulation It’s the controlling for RMG sector.
Cite this essay
Human Resources Management Practices in RMG Sector. (2016, Mar 21). Retrieved from https://studymoose.com/human-resources-management-practices-in-rmg-sector-essay